New Featured story: ...In My Bed!

has a ending that we don’t understand
us:

3 Likes

I don’t think anything surprises me anymore but I think I laughed the entire time I read that scene.
It was gems well spent just for the wtf factor (although I hate that I spent gems on the original version of this story lol)

6 Likes

You don’t need diamonds if you don’t read featured stories :smiley:

5 Likes

It was definitely hilarious, just for the simple fact that I could not believe it passed through so many people and they all thought it was a good idea? Makes you think if they didn’t receive any backlash it might still be up.

5 Likes

I never got to read it, but based on these comments alone, I’m laughing at the idea that actual adults employed by Episode on a salary income sat in a room during a staff meeting and agreed this story was a good idea. Not only that but they actually executed it.

I’ve been in staff meetings at work where stuff didn’t make it past the execution phase.

But somehow this did.

8 Likes

Can you imagine? A team of directors really sat there and coded a threesome scene for high school students to take part of… they really asked their art department to make an overlay for cuffs so the underaged student could use it on another underaged student in the bedroom. And in no part of that process no one questioned it?? :woman_facepalming:t5:

15 Likes

“Alright team, we need to make money this month and we all know that s*x sells so lets come up with the trashiest featured story possible and charge 25 gems for the steamiest scenes. We know the kids will love this.”

14 Likes

I can just imagine them organizing the writing process amongst writers and coders.
“Angela you write the scene where he breaks into her house and gives her lingerie”
“Mark you can code the scene where the MC kills her principal”
“Susan, now remember what I told you, when the mc is losing her virginity - make sure it’s in a public setting! We don’t want any decency here!”

19 Likes

LMAO :joy:

2 Likes

Seriously. My remember during my first internship out of college I pitched an idea for a client’s campaign. Everyone agreed it was a good idea. It was scraped by the time we had our next meeting, and we ended up going in a completely different direction.

But we have stories like In My Bed where there are people in a room who—likely for an hour or two— bounce ideas off each other, and this was what they settled on.

They grouped later to plan the execution, and continued to move forward, delegating tasks to make it happen.

It’s absolute insanity to me that it made it far enough where we are having a discussion about it’s existence.

I would love to be a fly on the wall to find out what stories they’ve scraped along the way in place of this. I’d also like to see if they had different versions of this story that were somehow worse than this lol

9 Likes

Oh, I thought that was a different story completely. I was definitely not gonna read either of those, so that’s why

1 Like

I don’t recommend either :slight_smile: Hahaha

1 Like

I don’t read any of the featured stories cause they’re unoriginal and every choice costs gems.

This made me laugh so much

1 Like

Oooooof. The all-time worst featured story Episode has ever put out… and of which they have simply put back out with a new name (My First Everything).
I absolutely despised this story. The story was pure smut targeted toward 12 year olds, which is just shameful. Additionally, there is a scene where the MC sees there teacher and there’s an option to drive over them - and the reader actually does kill the teacher! It’s so twisted and disgusting.
I think it sent the message to young readers that what the MC did in the story is acceptable. Because it’s not. Sure, sexuality is a wonderful thing, and if you are old enough to make those decisions to have sex with people, that’s fine. But to promote a story entirely about this to middle schoolers is just troubling.
Hope this helps!

4 Likes

lmao you made my day brighter :high_brightness::joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I wouldn’t be surprised if that actually got written tbh

2 Likes

ONE MOMENT. LETS JUST LOOK AT THIS HERE.
So I saw that “In My Bed” had been renamed to “My First Everything” and wtf has been changed? You know those screenshots that said “Back when you were a nobody…” And people were angered by that? Look at how much they changed it. They barely changed it at all.

So this is supposed to be “better” because we were happy nobodies? Try again, Episode!

Here’s a little something from the first minute:

How. Much. More. Cliche. Can. You. Get. Episode.

But wait! There’s more!

Keep in mind this is happening at school!

Ummmm, I’d much rather choose the “golden girl” of the school, thank you very much!

9 Likes

hahahaha oml they actually used “IDK” as actual dialogue that someone said :joy: :joy:

I’m D E A D

6 Likes