New featured story: Love Life

Taking one for the team. God bless.

1 Like

Ok yā€™all. I caught up with the last episode since Iā€™m pretty sure thereā€™s a new one tomorrow aaaannnddd I spent gems!

Also, Iā€™ve been having a glitch with this story only where sometimes characters just stay idle. So they talk or think, but thereā€™s no animation to go with it. It hasnā€™t bothered me enough to submit a ticket, but did it affect me when I spent gems? OF COURSE!

I didnā€™t spend gems to help Viper propose (lol). Instead I spent a cool 20 to go up and watch the fireworks. Liam gave me a necklace and we kissā€¦ Wait, sorry no. We donā€™t kissā€¦ We awkwardly stare at each other because of the glitch. Then we talk, and the glitch has gone, so we attempt another kiss and take things further :wink: Except, guess again! The glitch is back. We stare into each otherā€™s eyes for a total of 2.5 seconds, the camera pans to the fireworks, I assume we rip each otherā€™s clothes off with our eyes because let me tell you, our hands were firmly by our sidesā€¦ And this brings my bonus scene to an end. I donā€™t think it was longer than a minute in total haha.

Side note: omg all the dresses at the ball!
Another side note: I swear there are more female tattoos on the way.
Another one: I really love how theyā€™ve been using that overlay of a crowd. I remember reading somewhere that episode never has more than I think 8 characters in the one scene because it might cause the app to crash, and this was a really clever way around that

2 Likes
Summary

In hindsight, I just remembered this exact animation was used in Instant Princess as well, when Leona was underdressed one episode.

Plus the lady Kendall to question

1 Like

Wow, Iā€™m lucky I didnā€™t;t that glitch myself.

1 Like

Straight from the woodworks is what I call the Redemption Ep this chapter.

Whatchu You Gonna Do?

Straight after David ā€˜Richardā€™ Davis swooped in, MC finds Liam outside who quickly focused on getting the party back on track. Surprisingly, Sydney was listening in the conversation and wanted to help. This is way too good to be true that Sydney has an incriminating video of her and Daniel pre-coitus. Iā€™m 60% sure she was doing illegal stuff recording without Danielā€™s permission assumedly for blackmail, but I didnā€™t care for the moment: sheā€™s being the good gal I suspected her to be (kinda).
The suspicious part about it is I didnā€™t need gems for this (Maybe because earlier I chose both gem choices last episode). No, Sydney got to mass-text the entire party the vid. As it turns out, it was pretty embarrassing on Danielā€™s part obviously.
Itā€™s pretty much him suggesting role-play with him being Gatsby, getting real jealous of the dude, the ā€˜coolest party-boyā€™ in the city (yes, he said that). Seriously, my summary donā€™t do him and it justice. Other than some weird implications, everyone is laughing at him. Plus Claudia Wolf straight-up fires the guy in front of the crowd. Ellen would be boss, I mean Yes, finally!!! Weird though, Claudia praises me for my journalism, which in context doesnā€™t make sense since I made Sydney release the video.
But, celebrating and all that jazz MC finds out she has her job back, which is going to be weird later now thinking about it. Flash forward a week, and MC is getting all sorts of deals and emails especially from an anonymous fan. Iā€™m supposed to get a dress, but itā€™s stuck in the dry cleaners. So MC ran out ā€” to find goddamn Austin back (GODDAMNIT) on a motorcycle. I spent 20 gems last chapter to get a romantic bit with Liam, and you CAME?
Of course, Austin is impressed with the article. And now heā€™s willing to even work under me. Sureā€¦ However, MC herself has a lot of job offers so sheā€™s unsure. Austin doesnā€™t mind, he even offers to give me a ride and get a dress quickly for the affair, which MC is sure would make Isa want her to get bridesmaid dresses. But like a poor fool, I couldnā€™t afford the next gem choice (Iā€™m being tight on my iTunes credit) and Isa turned into a snob.
Now I think about it, if I donā€™t spend gems, Isa almost always becomes a snob. In-story yeah sure Iā€™m late, but sheā€™s really teed off. Not sure I like this directionā€¦ At least she thanked my speech.
So in the next scene, Zoe, Isa and MC are talking about Ethanā€™s ā€˜soul-searching questā€™ and his absence. And then suddenly he comes in suave like James Bond, and confessed he wants me, and then Liam comes with a bouquet of rosesā€¦

But hey, Zoe was flirting with Sydney and she blushed.
Seriously, thank the sky that the Daniel arc is indefinitely over, but really bringing back two LI back tooā€¦?

2 Likes

Righto, Iā€™m about to do that gem choice so Isa doesnā€™t become a witch :wink: Thanks for the tip lol

1 Like

To be fair, if I didnā€™t help Viper with his proposal in the first place, Isa would have been fineĀ®? I guess

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ Their relationship was fixed pretty quicklyā€¦ I mean, I love Isaā€™s hair, but having good hair is no excuse to reject someoneā€™s proposal when you can always just go to the jewellers and swap the ring for one you like. And while weā€™re discussing it, I did pay gems to get a good dress and become maid of honor, though I find it incredibly stupid that she picked me, when sheā€™s been bestieā€™s with Zoe for a lot longer.

3 Likes

Itā€™s 0.5% better than positively princess thatā€™s somethingā€¦right? :thinking::thinking::roll_eyes:

Episode you deserve a trophy for the WORST story EVER

NEVER in my life have I red such a boring and cliche storyā€¦itā€™s just terrible. I donā€™t even know where to beginā€¦:disappointed::disappointed:

ITā€™S TERRIBLE I canā€™t evenā€¦-
Stop trying episode because when you publish a story that you ā€œthinkā€ is good itā€™s painful to watchā€¦painful!

The worst story ever ā€¦
But hey! At least you won a trophy for creating such trash, eh? :wink::wink::grin:

2 Likes

This is my first story in using this app, so Iā€™m curious how these kinds of stories work, can yaā€™ll enlighten me?

So, I start off using no gems. Thatā€™s boring I start using Gems. I hate Ethan off the bat and never do anything with him. I get fired from my job (at the time I thought it was from choices I made, but I guess that happened to everyone?), I choose to work with Daniel (again, would people have ended up working for him even if they said no?), I go to the Gatsby party and meet Liam and all that stuff.

I go on dates and have sex with Noah, Austin, and Liam. Noah disappears then Austin disappears then thereā€™s a wedding pre-party and everyone is there and Ethan tells me heā€™s in love with me and always has been. Super weird because, again, I barley know Ethan. I tell Isabel I want to pick Noah and she says ā€œHeā€™s not here so pick someone elseā€ so then I pick Liam, we go on the farris wheel and talk about marriage.

Can someone explain to me how these stories work? How much do your choices impact your end-result? It seems like they donā€™t, really. Do gem choices make a difference? I was hoping that if you did your choices right, you could end up with Brandon (bartender) or something, but it doesnā€™t seem that way.

Thanks! This will help me in future decisions to spend gems or not.

1 Like

#ChangeNoahā€™sNameToNAKEDBEARDGUY2k18

2 Likes

Iā€™m going to be honest, as much as the app will push you to start with their Episode Original stories, they really arenā€™t the best examples of what the app has to offer.

Nevertheless, hereā€™s a bit of a rundown:

• Using gems doesnā€™t affect the storyline too much. You usually get bonus scenes for spending gems, but it only adds a few extra lines or you get to wear a special dress.
  • Not using gems will at times make the characters in the story tease or mock you because youā€™re wearing basic clothes or you chose an activity that is free. It kinda makes you feel guilty for not spending gems, but they get over it so donā€™t play into their guilting tactics.
  • End result during these kind of stories is usually a case of ā€œwhich love interest do you want to end up with?ā€ so choices donā€™t usually matter until the last episode.
  • Brandon the bar tender probably isnā€™t a love interest (though tbh I thought he was going to become one at one point), so no matter what choice you pick, if the author hasnā€™t intended for him to be a love interest, you wonā€™t be able to end up with him
5 Likes

Lol!

1 Like

Thanks! This is helpful.

Iā€™ve started some user stories, I will probably finish iridescent. Any other you all recommend?

1 Like

Check out these threads for some user story suggestions:

(The last thread is about stories that have choices that matter, so if that was what you wanted when reading Love Life, youā€™ll find those types of stories there)

1 Like

Thank you! This helps a lot. Yes, choices actually mattering makes a difference! although it has been fun reading now and knowing the choices DONā€™T matterā€¦I get to be a huge b**** and it doesnā€™t make a difference haha

2 Likes

Hahahaha, the one time in life you can pursue multiple love interests and not be held accountable or have to deal with jealousy is in an Episode featured story :wink:

1 Like

Speaking of multiple love interests:

Summary

Starting straight away to the cliffhanger from last chapter, Ethan LOVES me and it was barely a week until Liam came back, and there is a new bouquet prop , nice! So of course I choose between talking with either of them or break the awkward tension. Choosing the latter of course makes both guys a little disappointed but I charmed Liam back. Liam so wants MC to come to Belize with him, and this life altering decision is made. But then Ethan clarifies how he loves me, and is VERY aware how conveniently he realized this after all the other LIs are introduced, but now Ethan is Now All In. I made the choice of telling him that he strung MC and Sydney along, which honestly in real life I never thought about since he was the least priority. He is really pushing that MC is what his heart tells him, despite keeping the secret of the affair from him initially. Is he pulling the I might love you more than you me card? (Honestly this is my guilty pleasure of a trope but itā€™s kinda used disingenuously here). Point is he is 100% in love! Oh boy, kinda hard to say yes when Iā€™m technically committed to another guyā€™s long term plan, I really donā€™t know they are both rich guys with hearts of gold. I ended up using the I need more time card, gah!

Anyways, back to girl things. Isabelle is back to normal, I think, teasing about the love drama. And she is super excited for the Perfect Bachelorette party MC would plan, and I assume rightly she wants it big and bold, quite literally as she wants it on Sunday Fun-day. She said it would be co-ed with Viper, kind of ruining the point of a bachelorette party but okay.

So next scene shows the gang and random people who know Viper and Isa planning said bash. Weā€™re going to Coney Island, babes, complete with couple-themed rides at night. And okay, the actual party starts in an hour. Wow, is MC actually taking initiative and not screw up because of me? But actually, Zoe gives the grim reminder that Isa expects a dress code. Girls with new hairstyles agree. Seriously it would have been nice to have this reminder in the first place Episode! Youā€™re admitting that one of the main characters is a party snob. Question, if she wanted to coordinate ideas for the party, why did she only tell Viper about her vision boards and not MC? So I guess the standard tiara and sash doesnā€™t apply?

Spoilers: theyā€™re rompers and romphims and MC in a freaking flower crown. And that moment when a choice costs 20 and you just have 19? Sucking it like the cheapskate and in-game bummer I am, MC calls it off. Everyone in the room is upset, even the albino guy in the tuxedo of all things.

But hey, new backgrounds of the theme park is awesome. Isa was a bit salty on her disappointment (at this point, Isa, you could plan your ownā€¦), but she hopes highly of MC to coordinate the bridal party outfits. And like the Dating Game, three eligible bachelors stand quite beside MC including Austin for some reason. I guess through Ethan. Does anyone remember if Isa and Zoe have jobs? Anyways, make it four as Noah texts (or snaps?) MC thinking of her. Iā€™ve actually almost choked, or whatever that gesture is. Quit reminding me of my convoluted pentagon!

Luckily, Isa pulled me aside of some much needed although short girl talk, and finally I get to see MCā€™s thoughts about each guy, excluding Noah. Something I honestly needed actually, along with that ā€˜Oh this is getting goodā€™ animation. And surprisingly, MC had nothing bad enough to say about Austin, maybe because earlier I chose to mention how I was interested in Austin, but letā€™s avoid that. Isa meanwhile is strangely stressed from wedding planning, but essentially she gives the push on making my decision soon, delightfully reminding me that I donā€™t need to think about the long-term. I thought this implied that the end of Love Life would come, but no she was talking about as a date later tonight. So then I choseā€¦ Liam. I donā€™t know, Iā€™m at a romance drought and I just want to find an oasis somewhere, even if it would be a mirage. Good thing thereā€™s finally a nice subtle surprised emote.

Side-note, I was curious to know what happens if I chose Noah, would he actually be in the party, because either way choosing the others he would not be there!

Liam says sappy stuff about whatever I choose heā€™ll still like MC, and the Carnival Barker is wearing the same tux top as the albino fellow. But seriously, I need gems to use Loverā€™s Hour with Liam, I think itā€™s kinda a given. But no, we return to find the gang after choosing no. You know was though, Isa and Viper talking about wedding plans. Point is, they are going to elope with the rest to Las Vegas.

Stay tuned for the periodic release of my rambles! This being weirdly my longest yet.

4 Likes

Anyone curious to know what a romphim is, be my guest:

Just realised from this screenshot doesnā€™t actually show the extent of cleavage in this thing.

4 Likes

Your summaries are the reason I keep coming back to this thread (post? topic?). Anyway, I was kinda surprised you picked Liam because in the previous summaries you kept mentioning Austin :joy: .

2 Likes