New featured story: Love Life

:joy: oooof

1 Like

So, whatever happened to Austin? It is the only LI I have been able to diggest so far and he justā€¦ vanished in thin air, no texts or anything even though we went on a date. Ethan is a fool and the other guy (I do not remember his name, letā€™s just go with Naked Beard Guy) is your typical bad boy who needs kindness due to a tragic secret and is falling in love for the very first time, with you, of course. Oh, and he has a band. Oh, and he wrote a song for you even though he met you yesterday.

As a bisexual, I am rightfully offended. If am not allowed to date one of these beautiful women instead, then at least let me reject these dumb boys xD

Oh, and Daniel may be sexist to the core and Sydney is an obssessive little witch, but whoa, they could step on me anytime and I would thank them.

6 Likes

Do you mean Noah as the Naked beard guy?

:joy:

1 Like

Naked Beard Guy, Noah, is there a difference? :joy:

5 Likes

Not really. :joy:

Let me make a rant real quick about Noah.

Rant ALERT

Rant

Noah, Noah, Noah, Noah. He took off his clothes on the first day of MC sleeping in his stupid bed room.

I meanā€¦ seriously? A jerk wouldā€™ve did that. Lordā€¦ Ethan also did some stupid stuff, and I donā€™t care about him.
There is not lgbtq+ choices. Which is sicking, cause Iā€™m pansexual.

SOā€¦ Iā€™m angry.

6 Likes

Dude, Iā€™m straight and Iā€™d rather date those girls than Ethan and Naked Beard Guy.

7 Likes

YES.

Yes.

TRUE.

the only pan here is meh

3 Likes

LOL #ChangeNoahā€™sNameToNAKEDBEARDGUY2k18 :joy:

4 Likes

Yes. Most definitely supporting that.

#ChangeNoahā€™sNameToNAKEDBEARDGUY2k18

3 Likes

I was wondering what features are available to us from the story ā€œLove Lifeā€. I love Isabelleā€™s hair and Zoeā€™s freckles, and I wanted to see if we could use them in our own stories? Also what skin tone and eyes are used for Isabelle?

2 Likes

I now realised that Iā€™m the only user whoā€™s stubborn enough to recount this story.

The blurb promises that my first day in Kingpin would have the ā€˜juiciest adventureā€™.

Dream sequence that Noah didnā€™t left, mirror (deliberately?) had characters in wrong place, anyways thatā€™s not how mirrors work!

And Austin is back!!! Waking me up for some reason, and apparently Noah had broken her heart. Not to mention Austin is (rightfully) pissed I took the job with Kingpin. ā€œBecause Danielā€™s EVIL!ā€ But now (maybe because of my choices) I say Ellenā€™s evil. Obviously thereā€™s more to Danielā€™s backstory as seen as last time. But Austin dude, if you want me to know, TELL ME! (Now I think about it, did Zoe and Isa just let him in?). Now itā€™s a war between the magazines. And officially Iā€™m mad at myself: Noah this, Noah that.

Anyways, me and the girls get picked up by Daniel and his limo to a surprise location (already then). Jesus Christ, Daniel unexpectedly has such a high regard of my team and me (well, higher than Sydney) sharing champagne and stuff. Now Sydney is a definition of a grudge. No matter, weā€™re going to the Hamptons. Something about a reclusive, mysterious party host named Gatsby, who disguises himself every party. The epitome of a Kingpin man Daniel says, and I have to expose him(Looking closer to Danielā€™s face the beard looks weird penciled in). I get getting to be the strong-woman of Love Life, but for Kingpin? Somethingā€™s oddā€¦ And Iā€™m not just talking about Danielā€™s 4.5M dollar beach house. Anyways itā€™s a 1920s themed party.

Sydney threatens that Iā€™ll be fired if I donā€™t dress great for the shindig. This great dress is a stunning pearl pale pick flapper outfit (gems again!). The new hairstyles frickinā€™ SLAY at the party, plus we bump into a guy in a blue tux and an undercut (wonder whoā€™s he? ) Spoilers: He ainā€™t Gatsby . Viper suggests to look into the wait staff for Gatsby. (#2 at cricket) Playboy, charitable people under 25, 3b year coma from sky diving, thatā€™s the gist of what we get to know. Anyways Gatsby eventually passes a note to MC to meet him in the balcony, and boy he has heterochromatic eyes I think. And of course, Iā€™m the only person (i.e. reporter) who seems real. It looks like MC gonna be a flirt, we just kissed not even seconds later. And I need gems again to spend a night with him (for business AND pleasure, wink wink), so decline.

Whatā€™s nice that MC instead would spend a few more minutes with him. Instead, both of us discover Daniel doing the do (well, starting to) with Sydney. And Gatsby is frickinā€™ Liam, Daniel and Ellenā€™s kid!

Thank god, Ethan isnā€™t here. That would mean I would involved estranged rich kid, estranged ex-co-worker, estranged bad boy rockstar, weird one-minute blue tux guy AND a cheatee!

5 Likes

I enjoy your recaps :slightly_smiling_face: I havenā€™t read the latest because I have to reread the one before and I donā€™t want to :unamused:

2 Likes

Thanks! Not sure on the number of other people who are also reading this, but Iā€™m gonna be the recap-er for anyone mildly interested!

2 Likes

Iā€™m reading them! Itā€™s much better than actually reading the story myself :rofl:

3 Likes

Aw, thanks :hugs:

At this point I am just reading this story to criticise, ask aloud WHAT THE F***?!? as many times as necessary, and earn some gems, in case a decent featured story comes out (pfff, as if! But a girl can dream, can she not?). No doubt I hate MC, the plot is dumb, and characters just flirt and act without thinking. The only one I kind of tolerate is Austin but MC gives -7 f**ks about him. She is all about Naked Beard Guy and I cannot stand that, but oh well, what can you do about it? Even friendships are rushed here. Oh, and now there are FOUR love interests? Great. Another guy I have just met and
instantly developed a senseless crush on -rolls eyes-

P.S: Congratulations to Sydney and Daniel, though. Now we know how Sydney really (may have) got the job! And since it is confirmed that Daniel and her are a pair of very close ā€œco-workersā€, they can definitely step on me, toGEtheR.

3 Likes

Hey guys, hereā€™s Ep Nine.
Excuse me for interchangeably writing MC, me and us. Remember this is for ranting/recapping.

Summary

Part Nineā€™s title is literally Damn, Daniel. I dig it honestly.

Anyways, Sydneyā€™s hair looks pretty down. We are all starting right where the last episode ended. Sydney somehow didnā€™t know Danielā€™s a dad, not judging though. Surprise, surprise that Daniel is a complete womaniser, and itā€™s a little weird that he needed to clarify that Sydneyā€™s an adult. Sydney meanwhile REALLY doesnā€™t want this affair to be known to Ethan, Liam doesnā€™t want to be near his dad, and Daniel really has been out of a loop, since he just found out Liam is Gatsby (heā€™s very excited though).

The rest of the squad (and Viper) comes in soon enough (avoiding the logistics and location of them to have initially heard screaming), Viper says something wise and New-age or something. Liam rightfully kicks Daniel out the house, but of course Daniel only cares about Gatsby. And of course, Liam doesnā€™t trust us since we work his dad. Wow, I wonder who the antagonist would beā€¦

And fast forward to us (with the gang) at a beach in the Hamptons, with Isabella and Viper being sickeningly adorable. MC from the night focuses on Sydney with Daniel, which Viper replies on being ā€˜trappedā€™ or something and that the aftermath ā€˜forces someone else to make the decisionā€™. ā€˜Kay Viper I get it, youā€™re growing on me, but youā€™re pro-cheating. There was a quick cut to Zoe afterwards. Talking about Liam, heā€™s apparently Harry Styles and Ryan Goslingā€™s protective, loving child (She ships GoStyles, guys!). And now MC considers the possibility Daniel is the bad guy (shocker). By the way, Isa insightfully points out the similarities with Ellenā€™s ā€˜backstoryā€™.

Sydney now comes, and is surprisingly remorseful and guilty, and Viper hugs her. I chose to be optimistic and supportive of her, but Syd is really scared if she tells both from Ethan and his mom (the boss of their magazines). Sheā€™s also accepted she screwed (ha?) up and takes responsibility, so I shouldnā€™t tell anyone until then. Then suddenly, Ethan comes!!!

Ethan being the loving boyfriend he is wanted to be with her after he seen photos of the party, and of course he hadnā€™t slept since then. And guess what (it involves kneeling and a ring). But MC the nice, naive (I chose it as such) woman she is, she doesnā€™t interrupt the proposal. And I love Viper is going through the motions, while the girls are more self-aware on the bull (named Sydney Eleanor Von Trapp apparently) who f**king said Yes, are you ji=oking Sydney, you promised!!!

And guess who comes next, the Great Gatsby himself, apologising for his behaviour last night. Liam confirms that Daniel had hurt him and Ellen before since he at least was six, but he forgives us. Daniel really is shown sleazy. MC meanwhile reprimands herself for falling for his lies (I on the other hand at the time was salty for Ellen firing me, but detailsā€¦) But the point is Liam is not going to be Gatsby anymore (so no more charity balls?) , and heā€™s willing to share his story with MC. Isa then invited Liam to the engagement party later tonight, while Viper has a frickinā€™ jet for us while the others take a bus. With me choosing no, Iā€™m going with them. The cab to pick us up is advertising Kingpin (nice overlay).

Skip forward to tonight for the shindig. ā€œā€¦You need to focus on that DREAM of a babe Liamā€. Isa, I know the story is pulling me up and down, but I wanted a babe Austin, ā€˜kay. But thatā€™s okay, when youā€™re salty you can be surprisingly savage. ā€œTo the worldā€™s most unconvincing illusion of pre-marital blissā€ HAH! And Daniel has the gall to come to the party as well, boss or otherwise. Brandon makes a weak, brief cameo. MC and I really donā€™t want this engagement to fulfil. Liam is a comforting soul. Sydney then cracks under the pressure and puts the truth-telling on me (Thanks, bich).

On the bright side, Rockabilly girlfriend is here.

5 Likes

While the new features are pretty awesome, the story itself is pretty generic. Itā€™s not as bad as It Starts With A Bra or In My Bed, but then again, itā€™s not a masterpiece either. There doesnā€™t seem to be anything really intriguing about the plot.

3 Likes