New Portal Account Settings Beta Test!

Hey Episode Creators!

We know you’ve been looking for a way to have more options to customize your Portal account like being able to choose what email notifications you receive and which of your stories you or your readers can see. We’re excited to announce that we’ve been working on a major update to the Account Settings in the Portal to tackle these issues! As we get ready to release these new features we are running a limited beta test to get your feedback and make sure everything is working as it should before we roll the changes out to everyone.

Please note that the changes listed below are NOT live yet and you will have to be added to the beta test in order to see and test them.

How to Sign up: This is an open beta test for anyone with a portal account but we will have a limited number of spots for testers. Be sure to sign up as soon as possible to participate and we will update this post when we have all the testers we need.

If you want to join, please fill out this form to sign up! Once you’ve filled it out you should see the feature enabled for you within a few business days. If you join the beta and have any issues please contact our Support Team!

How to Submit Feedback: When you’ve finished checking out the feature and want to submit your feedback you can use this form to let us know what you think! We don’t have any plans to add additional features to the account settings right now now, so the most helpful feedback you can send us is how to improve the features we’ve already built. When filling out the feedback form, think about what in this feature did not work the way you were expecting and explain what you thought should happen.

The changes we are proposing will look like this:

You will access your account settings by clicking on your profile icon in the top right corner. Previously this brought up a window with your information and a link to Account Settings.

Following the account settings link would allow you to edit your name, bio and some basic email preferences.

In the updated Account Settings when you click on the profile icon you will see an additional link for notifications, where you can see all notifications you would normally get via email without ever leaving the writers portal.

Clicking on the Account Settings link you’ll see this updated page where you can still change your name and bio but will see two new tabs for Story Settings and Email Preferences:

In the Story Settings tab you can manage which stories you see in the My Stories section and can archive stories so they will no longer be seen in the app.

Under Email Preferences you can adjust which email notifications you want to receive or opt out of them completely.

With love,

The Episode Team

FEATURE: Unpublish a Story

:eyes:

cool:grinning::grinning::grinning:

Awesome :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

I love it!! :clap::clap::clap:

This all sounds awesome! Especially:

I can now finally remove my embarrassing first story.

I submitted a form :heart:

Wow this sounds awesome!!

I already submitted the form! :heart_eyes:

Yay!! Thank you for this. I am so very happy! I have filled out the form, hopefully I can be one of the beta testers😄

uhmmmm this is actually so sicc of them

submitted!

So even if there are writers out there who haven’ t released their story they can still sign up ?

Submitted :grin:

This… This is it, chief.

Will this feature eventually let’s us change our e-mail add in the future too?

I wouldn’t think so. Since you have to sign up with a Google account and you can’t change that, (Or a FaceBook account). Unless they changed that too which seems unlikely.

(Please don’t take this as hate I’m just saying what I think).

Signed up. This will be great.

It’s okay :sweat_smile: I just asked in case since a lot of other users have long been requesting the possibility to update their email add as well.

I signed up too