New portal update?

So I was playing around with overlays and I seen the new layout for overlay spot directing

Is this new? I don’t think I’ve ever seen this layout before.
Instead of all together in one box they’re separated and categorized now.
If it is new how’s everyone liking it?

6 Likes

I’m really really loving it.

Capture

For overlays, we even have the opacity code and all, plus how we can add it from the start of the scene.
Capture

Nah, it’s genius.

5 Likes

i didnt even know they updated it for characters as well! thats rlly convenient

1 Like

Where are you seeing all that?? I’m only getting the actions they’re doing and not the spot locations, zooms, etc.

1 Like

On the portal when you click on Spot Directing.

I still only have the animations :frowning:

Maybe it’s rolling out slowly?

Hopefully that’s what it is :frowning:

1 Like

Also I noticed that now when you upload bgs/overlays instead of adding your own name, it adds the name of your default file, if that makes sense :skull:

5 Likes

HUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Okay so I panicked and went to check.

I thought we wouldn’t be able to change the name again but we can so I’m ok now.

3 Likes

Yay it’s working for me now. Just had to restart and update my computer :sweat_smile:

Yay!

1 Like

You can also type in your name on portal as well . If u let readers customize or at least that’s what I’ve heard from a. Friend

Wdym

Oh nvm, That has been there for a while now.
Capture

1 Like

Too many changes :sob:

2 Likes

I’m not sure we can zoom between zones anymore as well.

3 Likes

Are you talking about not having to cut to the zone then doing the zoom or just zooming in the zone already? :thinking:

I mean it’s back to being impossible to have the camera between zones. It’s now like the way it was before (cutting and zooming)

I can still do it but I just checked the app and saw this new feature on the zoom part as well :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

I’m always grateful for updates to be honest, but this one is feeling a little too cluttered for me atm :(. I’ll probably grow to like it though but there’s a lot going on tbh. Is there a way to get the old format back?

1 Like