New shelves, explanation pls

So I’ve been wondering what does it take for a story to get on a shelf? Some specific amount of recommendations?

1 Like

I think it’s based on the genre your story is and the amount of reads you have but I could be wrong :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s just mainly based on people recommending your story when asked for recommendations for a specific genre or theme and I think also reader retention.

2 Likes

I had a story featured on a weekly shelf recently. Not one person recommended it lol.
I assume the team reviewed it at some point (it trended top 100 in its genre) and someone remembered it when trying to choose stories for the shelf :woman_shrugging:t4:
I believe stories that are being considered for a shelf get graded on the rubric? And need a certain retention score?

3 Likes

The recent one was Hit and Run for the paranormal shelf :ghost:

Episode will put out a call on Instagram looking for a specific type of stories that fit a certain theme, they look at the recommendations in the comments (usually if you story has a lot of them but not necessarily) and sometimes look on the forums.

2 Likes

I can tell you that two days ago I received a message from the Episode team saying my story was reviewed and suitable for shelfs. I can find it in Top Community Horror now but I don’t know how since it only has 130 reads, so I have no idea how you can get to a shelf lol but I was excited to see my story there

2 Likes

Thank you :grinning:

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

What’s then name of it?

1 Like

Pathway to Reality by Victoriaecs :slight_smile:

1 Like

To get on a shelf, it depends on the number of people who recommend your story on the shelf’s announcement along with how it matches the guidelines looked for for the shelf restrictions mentioned on the announcement post.

1 Like

Last year, they featured my story Diary of a Middle School Teacher on the Global Tales shelf. I think three people recommended it on Instagram, and at the time it didn’t have too many reads, so I don’t think it’s necessarily based on the number of recommendations it gets.

3 Likes

My story hit the Top 100 a day after getting reviewed. I’m pretty sure that the Top 100 is determined by how many reads you get within a single week period. So if you get, say, 40 views in a week, your story is above every other story that has less than 40 views, and if that’s the case, then your story appears in the Top 100.

Genre also matters. Horror has very few stories, so getting into the Top 100 (which is actually like… Top 60 for this genre because of the few stories available) is much easier than romance or comedy.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.