New Skin Tones and the Future of Character Tech

Yeah. Man, you should’ve asked on my thread!

1 Like

I didn’t know you had one! I will look it up. I haven’t been active scouring the forums as much as I need to.

1 Like

I’m excited and I do hope to see the braids, freckles and stubble soon!! However, one thing I’ve noticed needs fixing and I don’t know if it’s just my app IDK! But, the male avatars are much shorter and smaller than the female avatars. Like, you have to spot the guys to be a little larger and taller because their default size is very small.

11 Likes

It’s here…

1 Like

Yeah, Ikr, I noticed it too!

Thank you!

You’re welcome!

1 Like

Welp saw the new Positively Princess story that showcased the new tech/aesthetic… And also viewed the new Love Life episode.

However, unless I’m mistaken, PLEASE don’t tell me this is what they also meant by updated tech? Like…these characters from the new story Positively Princess look so out of place and fugly (or at least, looks almost like the old outdated Limelight tech)

It looks so out of place???

that looks nothing like the glamorous new features and styles Love Life showcased

2 Likes

Honestly, I think the tech would look great – they just have to know how to customize properly :man_shrugging:t3::woman_shrugging:t2:

7 Likes

I’m not mad at it though, i think these would be very suitable for making older characters we don’t have many options in limelight for creating older people

6 Likes

Looks like the style they used for PLL story

4 Likes

PLL? I assume its an old Featured Story… I liked the updated tech like above in Love Life for males. Uptil now I never liked LL guys tbh lol. I just hope they don’t end up reverting to the crap I posted before this. It looks way too out of place imo, has an ugly clash.

Actually, forgot to ask, but there were SOME hairstyles I saw in the stories that weren’t actually available for customization (again, Love Life as an example). For example, the braid Isabelle has, Sydney’s hair, and the bombass hairdo the stylist chick has from the magazine. I hope these are put in too. I REALLY hope they release it. Some of the styles are perfect for me to use in an upcoming LL story I wanted to write lol

The pretty little liars story.
And I don’t expect them to give you the option for all their new stuff because then that’ll take away the excitement. Strategic marketing.

Oh woops lmao.

And erghh…it would seriously blow if they didn’t. I did see the braid style being used in the new story. For the most part they better get this in asap. Never had much of an interest in LL until now

1 Like

If you go into the sub-category (in this case, Art & Animations) you can open a draft and then create it as a topic. Hope this helps! :wink:

1 Like

Am i the only one who actually love these? I really love the look of them and how it will give us the opportunity to create a diversity of ages and stuff i even postponed writing my story till these new features roll out.

4 Likes

has anyone started reading positively princess yet? I just started it and i’m in LOVE with Mia’s hair!!

4 Likes

I have and I love the story including the characters!

1 Like

I agree with you! But the horseback riding?! Guys, the horses. The horse blinked. I’m so pumped about the horses I can’t even

7 Likes

not sure how i missed this when i asked if anyone had read this story yet but i agree certain characters do look pretty out of place. the beards and the hair and new face shapes are all great!! but it’s the skin that really gets me. i’m hoping this will be an element we can decide on and we won’t have to make the characters look this way if we don’t want, i’m very interested to find out.

2 Likes