New Skin Tones and the Future of Character Tech

This is so amazing! I can’t wait for beards :heart:
Also, those hairstyles on the girls look gorgeous :slight_smile:

3 Likes

But does that really mean INK won’t exist anymore? Because I have a story in INK style. Does that mean I have to recreate it in LL style?

2 Likes

Ink will get some updates occasionally, but not many and not drastic ones. The style used for ink is not compactible with freckles, scars… So ink can’t get them. They work with limelight mainly now, because this style can take many updates in different directions.

@Jesse I hope you guys also add red color skin once you update this whole pallet. The red one goes well with blue and green to use it in fantasy stories.

9 Likes

Ok I understand.
Thank you for the answer :grin:

2 Likes

Looking so much better already.
Still a bit too small eyes - especially for the boys - though. Atleast when you’re at a distance.

<3

Ps: Love the braids! :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

I’m excited for this, yass

1 Like

@Jesse I’m so excited about this. Also could you please add more short hair styles for females and long hair on males so people can have a variety of them?:two_hearts:

2 Likes

I agree about the eyes. I’m telling this since the day Limelight came out.

1 Like

Me2. It’s one of the main reasons that I’ve never been a fan of LL. Well, that and the fact that I think the animations look a bit weird.
This new update though - in theory - looks so much better on the color and depth department, less flat. Will those details be visable in the app though(?) I guess only time will tell.

<3

2 Likes

About limelight animations - those are way better than ink :wink: Writers just need to learn to use them. They flow so natural!

5 Likes

LOVE IT :heart_eyes::kissing_heart::heart:

2 Likes

Natural? - I dissagree. I don’t know about you, but I don’t tend to knee before I start to walk. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
What I do like about LL though is the clothes and the variaty of the animations. you can do so much more with it, without having to take shortcuts.
But each to his/her own taste, right. Every style has its pros and cons to me. I just happen to be an INK girl.
I just think the Ep team should take into consideration that most/some people that read the stories/use the app do so on their phones = smaller screen, less advanced and harder to make out details than on a computer.

<3

3 Likes

There are transition animations, which prevent that :wink: Question is if writers use them :smiley:

6 Likes

Thanks, I must of skipped over that message

2 Likes

I can’t speak for other writers, and sensing that the LL style isn’t yet finished, I’m only working with INK myself, so I don’t have any personal experience in its coding. Ive only read stories in it. Might be your right.
Or the Ep team might even already have fixed that issue. Either way, it doesn’t really matter in this context, as this is about the new update not a INK vs LL debate.

<3

6 Likes

I love these new realistic looking characters but I hope these don’t replace the already less realistic looking ones. A lot of people want their characters to look how they already do and have overlays and backgrounds for them that would have to be redone.

No problem! :blue_heart:

I’m so excited for the new features, and I love the skin tone update. Will these features also be released early next week, or just the skin tone fixes?

So cool ! I can’t wait :heart:

Yey, this will really improve the experience of stories. Along with those features, I would love to see way more unique hairstyles and some makeup options (besides lipstick).