New to Creating Story on Episode - Need Partner/Mentor

Hi,

I’ve been an avid Episode reader and now that I have a story I’d like to write, I hope to partner with, and/or learn the ropes from veteran authors/coders here. I’ve never created a story on Episode before, so please bear with me! I promise I’ll be a quick learner.

Please PM me, or:
Discord: Avalind #7377

Story tags: LGBTQI+, Limelight, Limited Customization.

2 Likes

I can help you. I’m not that great at directing though…

1 Like

Thanks for reaching out! I am very new at this, and while I have the general plot, lines, and certain scenes, I’m a little overwhelmed at how to get it started, tbh. I can definitely use an insider’s experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was really overwhelmed when I first started to write too. I actually tried to start writing in 2016 but when I realized how much work went into creating an Episode story, I got scared. But now I’m back, tackling it once again.

The best advice I have is to open the portal where you create your story and dive in. Start with creating your main character. Their look, outfit, etc. Then once you have that, start writing. At the very beginning, you should focus on the first few things that go into making a story to get acquainted with the coding.

By this, I mean find what background you want to use, then learn how to code it in portal. Learn how to write as the narrator to introduce the chapter. Learn the screen directions.

As you write the first bits of your story, you will realize you need to learn things you didn’t even know about! It’s very tricky but I learned a lot by watching YouTube videos on the specific things I wanted to do.

Let me know if you have any questions! I’d be happy to help by sharing what I know. :wink:

2 Likes

Okay

Thank you for everyone that reached out to me. I’m such a total newbie! I’m starting to write it in script/play-style now, and decided to finish writing it first before tackling the coding part. Thank you for all your inputs! <3

1 Like

Hey @TrickingFypo just dropping this here to help out!

There is a lot of useful information in these threads. Some about how to make your story better, many on the directing/coding side of things (when you’re ready to start that part), along with other tips and tricks.

I’ve been reading through it and thought of this thread :relaxed: hope it helps!

1 Like

Hi @Ashtory , thank you so much, your words truly brought my confidence back. I have been reading stories in episode for past few months now, I love writing Stories too. So I was excited to start writing in episode, but when I opened the portal to create one that’s when the problem started. I don’t know where to start, what am I going to do for cover, art scenes etc. Can you please help me :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

Does anyone want to co write a thriller with me?

Hi, i really want to start creating stories now but it looks like episodes has changed a lot🥺

Ho do I create stories :pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face::pleading_face:

1 Like

yh same here i remember when we all could create stories off of our mobiles, but clearly it has changed alot. Start off by making an account on episode if you have a laptop or desktop? then wallah you can create it.