New Writer Needs Help!

I tried but there is no delete option for the narrator - I have tried

Hi I was wondering if anyone would like to come write and Co author with me

You can put NARR in your script for the narrator :slight_smile:

I am trying to get my character to stand up and walk to center screen and then walk offscreen.
Am I doing it right?

INT. GRANDMAS HOUSE BEDROOM - DAY

@cut to zone 3
@RIYELLE changes into RIYELLE_pajama
@pause for a beat
@RIYELLE spot 0.662 68 438 in zone 3 AND RIYELLE faces right AND RIYELLE starts sleep_lay_uncomfortable_loop
@pause for 10
@RIYELLE spot 0.662 68 438 in zone 3 AND RIYELLE faces right AND RIYELLE starts idle_lay_awake_rubeyes_loop
@pause for 10
@RIYELLE stands screen center AND RIYELLE faces left
@RIYELLE is yawn_bored
@RIYELLE is idle_exhausted_loop
@RIYELLE exits left AND RIYELLE is walk_exhausted_loop

Before you place the character to screen center, have your character sitting on the bed then use the stand_up command if ink or the transition command for LL. then make your character walk off screen using the same spots but negative x value eg-
@CHAR spot 0.662 170 348 AND CHAR is idle_exhausted_loop
@CHAR walks to spot 0.662 -50 348 AND CHAR does it while walk_exhausted_loop

You can zoom in on your character so they don’t appear too small on the screen, character and background proportions can be extremely effective :slight_smile:

Thanks a bunch :blue_heart:

I am having trouble getting my scene together, I am trying to have my characters on scene before the transition fade in, but when previewing the scene, the characters pop on scene after the transition. Does this look right? I have even tried the “&” and I get errors.

INT. KITCHEN CLASSIC LUXURY - DAY

@cut to zone 2

@transition fade in black 5

@JR changes into JR_default

@JR spot 1.280 81 3 in zone 2 AND JR faces right AND JR is text_phone_neutral_loop

@RIYELLE spot 1.280 238 -1 in zone 2

@RIYELLE faces left AND RIYELLE is eat_food_hand_neutral

@add Donut Chocolate to RIYELLE

@RIYELLE is eat_food_hand_neutral

@pause for 1

@RIYELLE is eat_food_hand_neutral

@pause for a beat

The transition needs to come after you have placed your characters :slight_smile:

Thank you :hearts:

Should cut be before or after i place the characters?

Anywhere as long as transition is last :slight_smile: this is how I usually set my scenes -

INT. BACKGROUND
@zoom on x y to %
@cut to zone #
@CHAR spot x y z in zone # AND CHAR faces left AND CHAR starts shiftweight AND CHAR moves to layer #

@transition fade in 1

Thank you so much :grin::hearts:

1 Like

Can someone recommend an editor or creator for a school cafeteria background? I have seen some but the original creator has closed her thread. Any suggestions would help. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

hey, i can’t make posts yet but there is this error in my script that i can’t get rid of. i tried everything to fix it but it still says error. can anyone help???

Can you post a screen shot of the error?

hey thanks for replying but i managed to fix it. thanks! :grinning:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.