New Writers Document!

Hello writers! I hope you are having a great day/night.
I and @Matawrites have been working very hard on this document for new writers. This document helps with backgrounds, overlays, questions, LGBQT+ community, other cultures, and much more!
LINK

The people who are included in this document are:
@scarlettm @juliewrites @HazelBourne @Vividly
@schittwriter @juliewrites @TheQueen.writes
@EccleSiaste_BookPage @Small_Author_Hannah

The reason why you are included in this document is because you said that you could help new writers who need help!

*If you are on this list and you WOULD NOT like to be on here, please type below! If you are a writer and you would like to help new writers PLEASE COMMENT BELOW. I and @Matawrites need as many writers as we can to help new writers!

Also: Thank you so much to: :sparkling_heart:
@Suki_writes @Amphia @Farah_DeSantis

For your backgrounds used in this document! Credits are being used in this document also!
If you have backgrounds, overlays & spot directing and you would like to share them, please do!

Thank you so much! :sparkling_heart:

14 Likes

I’d love to be included. I have some threads:

3 Likes

Okie Dokie! I will include this right now!

1 Like

Hello! Is it okay for me to request edit access?

2 Likes

Hello! Thank you for the tag and for future reference, you may want to contact everyone beforehand because some may not want their tips and tricks included.
Here’s what I’ve found after reading it over:

• Even though this may be very helpful, it’s a bit long. Many don’t have attention spans that will last throughout every single question. If you stick to the bare minimum, people are more likely to answer the questions. Like an episode, if it’s 20 minutes long, someone wouldn’t really want to read through the whole thing.

• They are a bunch of grammatical errors, especially regarding commas and run-on sentences.

• There are a lot of questions that are either the same thing with different wording, unnecessary, or… I’m not sure how to word this, so I’m going to show you:
    Does my story sound good to others?
    Stories aren’t written for others. Authors, especially new ones, aren’t writing this story for reads, they’re writing it for themselves. So it’s more of an internally looking kind of question, not whether or not everyone else would be interested.

• This is something that worries me a bit:

I didn’t read through the entire document yet, but if you’re giving authors advice on other cultures, it’s best to stay away from cultures that you have little knowledge of (Google does not count, they generally use generalized information instead of individuals who will have first-hand knowledge of it).

Other than that, it’s pretty good! If you want (you don’t have to), you can add this link:
https://classroom.google.com/c/Mjk1NTQxMDExNDg5?cjc=42en7b5
Which is a link to the classroom I run with @Qettix and @Nazee_writes where we post coding and planning guides, tutorials, documents, etc. Of course, if you don’t want to, you don’t have to.

5 Likes

Sure! Could you please provide me your email? Because everybody is anonymous!

1 Like

I’m the one who just sent it. My message to you mentioned my forums username

2 Likes

I copied your name off forums! Is your email the same as your forums username?

1 Like

No…

1 Like

When we say other cultures we mean the black people, white people, Asians Etc…

1 Like

I am confused…

2 Likes

Wait, I just got a request, Was that you? @juliewrites

2 Likes

Sorry :expressionless:
I’m uncomfortable sharing my email here but I’ll send through PM

1 Like

Oh okay nvm

1 Like

I just gave you access!

2 Likes

Reading through the document, I’m not seeing any information about different cultures… Anyways, even though you may be well-informed about it, or may even be a part of that culture, doesn’t mean one has experience in all sides of it.

1 Like

@Matawrites wrote the culture document, so when she gets active I can tell her to PM you! Hope that helped!

2 Likes

I just messaged her right now! I don’t know when she will respond, but I hope soon!

2 Likes

Could you send me a link that already gives editor/suggesting access please? I don’t feel comfortable sharing my email either.

2 Likes

Yes, But @juliewrites sent me a request and I got it through my email! Could it be possible for you to send me a request?

1 Like