Newbie need help with transitions

I’m starting to write my first story on Episode. At the beggining of my story I’m trying to pan through 3 different backgrounds and unfortunatly my transitions look very choppy from background to background can anyone help me out with some advice?

I recommend using
&pan to zone 3 in 5
@transition fade in AND pause for 5
(changing the zone number and time to whatever you want it to be, of course). You may also want to end it with @transition fade out black if you want it to pause on the last zone while it fades out. If you want no pause but still like the look of fading out, you could use something like
&pan to zone 3 in 5
@transition fade in in 1 THEN pause for 2 THEN transition fade out black in 1

So would it look something like this
EXT. CLUB ENTRANCE FANCY - NIGHT

&pan to zone 3 in 5
@transition fade in AND pause for 5
EXT. DUPRES PALACE WATERSIDE WALKWAY - DAY

1 Like

Yep!

1 Like

I got a script error "transition supports these colours [u’white, ['yellow ect. ‘AND’ is not supported

Oh i think i figured it out TYSM!!

1 Like

Hi beautiful, I am more than a newbie, I am just starting my first chapter of my first story.
I start with one casual outfit and then at some point of the chapter I change MC1 outfit into a club one but now it just shows the MC1 with the club outfit from the beginning and I don’t know how to resolve this.
Can you help me please?

1 Like

Hi, I believe you would have to make a whole new outfit like MCCLUB then put @MC changes into MCCLUB whenever u need her to change :slight_smile: hope this helps love :heart:, please feel free to message me whenever u need some help! We can always try and figure it out together I’m just starting out here as well

1 Like

I did that :frowning_face: my problem is that when I changed her towards the end of the first chapter, the whole chapter outfit has changed.
She needs to start the chapter wearing her default one and then at one point changing into the club one.
But when I wrote MC changes into MCclub, she appears in the whole chapter dressed as MCclub…
thank you so much, it is really super hard for me

1 Like

Have you tried putting @MC changes into OUTFIT 1 at the beginning when u need her to wear the outfit? But I see where you’re having trouble :slight_smile: I’ll jump on my laptop soon if this doesn’t work and help figure this out!

1 Like

Yes I tried but she keeps on going around in her CLUB outfit :sob:

1 Like

Are you using a laptop/desktop to preview or a phone?

desktop on chrome

1 Like

I think it might just be a glitch when u skip lines or anything. It does that on my preview on chrome but when i check it on my phone it’s all good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I just checked it and it’s fine!
Do you know also how to keep for few seconds the warning background at the beginning?
You are helping so much!!!

1 Like

@pause for s
I usually put 3-4 :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.