News: Skin Tones, Dirty Dancing Contest Submission Deadline, and Overlay Reviews

I’d like to add that there are several writers who earn their income from writing for Episode, so this is really affecting us pretty badly.

I wouldn’t consider this the new norm. We’ve seen an unusual amount of spikes in tickets received the past few weeks so we’re trying to do our best at bringing that backlog down. That doesn’t excuse that background have taken a while but we’ve had to momentarily change gears on that front due to that. There are less elements involved with overlays that require ToS and Content Guideline reviews so they’re easier for us to be able to move up in priority. That being said, once we get our ticket backlog back in order we’re going to be working on trying to bring the wait times for backgrounds back down.

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply Jesse! It’s good to know that you will be working on bringing the wait time for backgrounds back down.

Hi @Jesse !

Thank you for answering. Are there any plans for the future to bring approvals in general back to a more narrow time frame? Currently updates on many stories are delayed by more than a week because backgrounds take over 10 days, overlays still about a week. This is something users who do not write, most likely will not understand which causes writers who work hard on their stories to lose readers and with it also motivation.

I hope you understand that I do in no way mean this offensively or impolitely. I would just be grateful for a more detailed update on this and more of an open communications strategy by Episode, as the situation has been going on for a while now. Is this something that will now just be that way or are there any plans in place to improve on this again?

Thank you!

2 Likes

@Jesse I’m so glad we have extra time. I had a question- my backgrounds haven’t been approved yet and I finished my story. Is there a way that they can be reviewed quickly so I can publish? Thank you so much.