Next contest theories? šŸ¤”

heya!! :upside_down_face: soooo what do you guys think the next contest is going to be about? the deadline for heroic just passed almost a week ago so theyā€™ll probably announce a new contest soon. I kinda want a unique theme this time, something different from previous contests and hopefully something that fits the story Iā€™m working on right now.

so anybody have any thoughts or theories?
xxx

8 Likes

Hmā€¦ Heroic was about journey discovering yr true self, how about a sports contest? Something sporty related. :thinking:

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if youā€™ve got questions. :smiley:

Something romantic for sure, since Heroic did not in and of itself require romance.

5 Likes

ā€œBottleā€ story contest. Where story takes place in one location (House, car, cabin, cave, space station, train, bus, etc.)

9 Likes

Our characters would be quarantined? Shudder.

That is an interesting concept, though! I think keeping characters confined to a space station would still have plenty of possibilities for drama and action. Itā€™d be a cool setting!

2 Likes

Please, no. The last thing I want is reading stories about quarantine after the last couple of years. :sob::sob:

Personally I hope the next contest is something Iā€™m not interested in because I hate being tempted and I definitely need a break. :joy:

3 Likes

Same.

My gems (not literally because gambling bad) are still on romance.

They did Digital Dating just before Heroic. They only really do one ā€œromance valentine dayā€ theme a year.

2 Likes

Ooh thatā€™s such an interesting idea, and really unique too! It would definitely be a great chance to get really creative, but I do hope we donā€™t get too many pandemic-inspired stories :sob:

2 Likes

Honestly, every time a new contest is announced Iā€™m so tempted to just stop everything Iā€™m doing and work on a new story, itā€™s so bad that I just forget all the million story ideas Iā€™m already working on :joy:

2 Likes

How about a ā€˜vacationā€™ contest? Where the characters go on a road trip or cruise or stay at a hotel/resort? There could also be a ā€˜hauntedā€™ contest but thatā€™s likely been done before.

3 Likes

A horror contest would be really good around Halloween! I wouldnā€™t have time to enter it, though.

1 Like

I want a comedy one :sob:

2 Likes

When I decided to enter the heroic contest, my story was about virus and quarantine, guess itā€™s a good thing I decided to quit then. Iā€™ve seen so many comments about people not wanting to read about it, I get it though

1 Like

I donā€™t think itā€™s necessarily a bad topic! I just donā€™t think Iā€™d want to read a whole bunch of stories like that. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think itā€™s just too soon; maybe in a few years, people will have moved forward enough for the negative connotations to have faded a bit. As it is, donā€™t be afraid to write such a story now, though I would recommend adding trigger warnings for people who have covid-related trauma.

1 Like

Yeah, I absolutely agree, I donā€™t want to offend anyone and this theme is jind of questionable at this point, youā€™re right

1 Like

Iā€™m not at all discouraging you from writing it! Iā€™m sure itā€™s a very good story. I was just saying to include trigger warnings/skips to save your reader retention rate!

My episode 1 reader retention rate is :woozy_face:.

I donā€™t think Episode would make a quarantine-related contestā€¦hopefully!

1 Like

This sounds super interesting omg id love to write a story like that.