No customizable characters?

I was wondering if you guys would still read stories with no customizable characters? Like you can’t customize looks or their name.

4 Likes

I would still read it :heart:

1 Like

Nice to know :relaxed: and ofc I would make the mc unique not just a basic white girl lol.

1 Like

I prefer cc myself but I have read non cc ones before.

2 Likes

I intend to make my story have art scenes of the mc does that make a difference? :thinking:

I would. I don’t care about cc.

1 Like

cool cool :relieved:

1 Like

I would

1 Like

For sure! I don’t really care about CC, and I find you have more freedom with directing with default characters.

1 Like

I would read without CC, as that is how the author envisaged the character, and it would fit better and be more personal, and as long as you make the personality interesting and the writing is good, I can’t see why the portrayal of the MC would be an issue, it’s not always about playing yourself, but reading another’s story :))

Even when CC is offered, I keep the character almost identical

1 Like

I would definitely read it, but just know that people tend to click out of stories where they can’t customize characters. It’s sad, but its true! You’ll also be harassed in your fanmail asking why you can’t customize. I had limited cc, and finally bit the bullet and made it full cc so people would stop lol.

2 Likes

That is sadly so true! I have been tempted to move mine over to limited CC, just because people aren’t happy which can be very frustrating for the author ://

1 Like

Exactly! The only thing that wasn’t customizable was my MC’s skin color, but people were still unhappy with that. It sucks when you open fanmail thinking it’s gonna be something kind, but instead it’s “why can’t I customize”.

3 Likes

Yeah istg, “why won’t you add cc???” :(((

2 Likes

I would definitly read a story without CC, as long as I find the story interesting. Most of the time I only customize the hairstyle anyway. And in my own stories I haven’t used customizable characters either,

1 Like

I would almost never stop reading a story if I liked the plot of it just because I can’t CC. To be honest I feel like the way the author portrays the characters is what makes that story so unique and I don’t usually change too much about my character anyway.

I only say “almost” because I’ve seen stories with limited/no cc and the character is white and has dreads or something like that, which then I’m just like yeah no.

1 Like

Right things like cultural appropriation are a no go for me too but, the mc in my story is a mixed girl.

1 Like

I would not read it, it just for some reason bothers me

1 Like

This is such a legit question! I ask this everyday ahahhahahaha

Usually I either put a warning before the customisation that I have art scenes so it’s best for them not change anything OR I only put limited customisation (because I totally understand why people want to customise) :joy:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.