No need to Degrade others to make a point

Hello
So I fell on this thread a few minutes ago and what I saw there really upset me.
This community member brought up a topic about her take on racism towards black writers on this forum.
Let me tell you something;
Nobody is forced to agree with whatever somebody else is saying. People have their own way of seeing things. The fact that you think in a particular way does not mean others must think like you. No need to antagonize people just to make a point. At times we should measure our words because they are powerful. They can build as well as destroy somebody.
You want to talk on a particular topic, make your point and go. No need to be rude.

12 Likes

Exactly, no need to fuss/be rude over this and that, make a point, agree or disagree, your entitle to your opinion, then leave it at that.

2 Likes

me haveing a fight on facebook right now

you are allowed to complain if the person are been a total piece of :poop:

6 Likes

but in a RESPECTFUL manner, no hate, or else the thread will be closed.

2 Likes

Agreed. If the person is on the wrong reason :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

I know its best to be civil but sometimes they are such garbage that you just have to get angry

6 Likes

Yes, especially because you don’t know what prompts other members to post stuff like that here. You don’t know what must have made her feel the way she felt before deciding to create that topic.
I’ve noticed it here. People get so insensitive at times :woman_facepalming:

4 Likes

@line123462

if they make you angry/upset, make a small respectful point about it and leave it be. If they continue to upset you, flag the comment and that is it.

4 Likes

Definitely.

1 Like

its kinda hard when people say they rather their kid be dead than like you autistic

2 Likes

social media got a lot of problems going on these days, ouch.

true. I left the fight btw. they keep take up same argument so I take that as a win

1 Like

I don’t like arguments that the one thing I hate most, and if they continue to argue, block or ignore. Booom, now back to my day I go. XDDDD

3 Likes

I agree. When debating, you can criticise others’ ideas/opinions in a respectful way, but never the person themselves. Even if what they’re saying sounds like absolute bs, and even if you think they’re a total idiot, ‘be the better person’, and stay respectful.

The best thing to do when someone is really being terrible, is just to leave the convo, block them if you want. Make a comment about it if you have to before leaving, but chances are, no matter how much you shout at them, they’re not going to listen to you, and it’s not worth all the drama and hate.

9 Likes

Also, it’s great to be able to discuss different topics but if one of the parties just want to state their opinion and not actually discuss, there is no point in continuing arguing. Then there’s just two people stating their own opinion. I can see some situations where you just want to say what’s on your mind, then go for it. But it’s a waste of time continuing if you actually want the other person to take notes and they don’t listen. :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Exactly!

2 Likes

Yep, think about commenting first if u want to say something, if not don’t waste your time on the topic and leave it be.

2 Likes

@line123462 to me when you really have to talk on a topic, make your point without being rude and if you get insulted flag the comment or report to admins.
I really got upset coz that member was so overwhelmed by everyone ganging up on her for nothing based on what I read.
People don’t know how cyber bullying affects others. I call what I saw cyber bullying. Why make memes on someone who’s just expressing how she feels?
She got so touched and started mentioning suicide and stuff.
I am not supporting whatever it is she posted because I do not know what prompted her but again people have to respect other’s feelings

6 Likes

they don’t think before they comment, that’s the problem.

2 Likes

You’re right, the conversation has been taken too far, but users felt attacked by her words and behaviour.

5 Likes