Not all cliches are bad

I agree. I only enjoy cliches because they’re so…well, cliche. Some of them are actually really good and hilarious. Of course, there’s always going to be some that are bad. That’s just natural.

3 Likes

No, it’s not your eyes… Whew, Chile the confusion.

7 Likes

Wow welp this thread is very heated rn

Sooo ummm everyone take a chill pill :joy:

4 Likes

I love good cliches!!!

1101d250-5ec5-477a-83f0-235d4a61fc49-7b664d97-a2ce-48fc-8c2d-31b6928f324a-v1

4 Likes

So do I!

3 Likes

Well I like some cliches. Say someone puts in lots of effort into their story. Meanwhile a hundred other stories exist following the same cliche. I can like and appreciate this story if it’s good. You can usually see the quality in a good story in the form of well planned scenes and dialogue, good plot lines, story arcs and just good writing in general.

3 Likes

You can’t really control what people whine about. It’s their right to complain if they don’t like cliches.

3 Likes

What really blows my mind is that you are saying to stop “slandering” cliches. It’s just an opinion alright? If you don’t want to read people “slandering” cliches, take your own advice, and click off of it! Your opinion is just as fantastic as anyone else’s, but your opinion isn’t the only that matters.

Now you say that cliches get a lot more reads then non-cliches. People can pick and choose what they want to read. A lot of non-cliches get a ton of reads, however they are just a number. 5 billion can be a lot to someone, but just 5 can be a lot for someone. So don’t go “slandering” topics that complain about people talking bad about cliches. You’re complaining about it too! So stop “whining” about people not liking cliches.

I could literally use your entire paragraph at the beginning of the thread and turn it into a paragraph talking bad about people liking cliches. It is all an opinion, and in the end, your opinion isn’t the only opinion that matters. Hate to break it to ya, but life doesn’t work like that. So while you “whine” and “complain” about people “slandering” cliches, just think that your opinion matters as much as their’s.

If you already didn’t notice, I don’t like cliches. They’re too predictable, everything in another cliche happens in the one you are reading, it is just in a different plot. Like… get some new material!

Example: Bad Girl Falls In Love With Bad Boy
Example: Nerd Falls In Love With Popular Dude
You get what I mean…

All in all, share all of your opinions about cliches all you want, but your opinion isn’t the only opinion out there. Your opinion matters like someone who may have a different opinion. (Also, if you read two of the same plots of cliches, they are the exact same. Just a words difference.)

Huge bucks of money (I don’t know) to someone that actually read what I said.

3 Likes

Its okay if you dont like cliches, I’m saying that slandering them is wrong. Calling a story bad just because its a cliche is just wrong. You may not like the writing, or it may be too empty for you but you still cant call something you didnt read bad. (Most people dont read these stories and just judge by the title and description)

Hate to break it to you, but life doesn’t revolve around bringing others down to praise others :disappointed:

I’m not trying to bring you down, just the way you talk bad about these people makes me sick. Because you are the one “slandering” people who don’t have the same opinion as you.

1 Like

Talk bad about these people?? You cliche haters are the ones that attack first. You can swipe up and see it.

1 Like

I guess people are offended bc I said that they are whining (lmao yall call cliche stories shit but when i say whining- ok.)

You all are whining. Because you are NOT doing anything, you are just complaining! You want original stories instead of cliche ones? Good, then support small authors with original stories! You all be saying stuff like “Episode only promotes cliches” but when they make a Hidden Gems shelf, NO FREAKING ONE TAKES A PLACE IN THE “Lets Talk About…” THREAD FOR THESE STORIES! WHERE IS YOUR ENTHUSIASM THEN?

So… No one is allowed to have an opinion?

1 Like

Do you guys even read? I’m saying there’s NOTHING WRONG WITH DISLIKING CLICHES. However this does NOT give you the right to slander them.

1 Like

I just… Summarised the entire discussion? What? If anything, I agree with you.

You never said there was nothing wrong with people not liking cliches. You are fighting against my opinion.

Now you are talking about small authors when you are a small author or don’t even have a story! You don’t even have a profile picture. So… stop talking bad about “small authors.”

1 Like

You are “slandering” me because I don’t like cliches. This is an opinion thread, so I can say what I want. The world doesn’t revolve around you. Sorry to break it to you!

Also sorry I’m just being reasonable and you aren’t! My bad!! Sorry I can’t have a different opinion then you.

Looking on the trending section it is clear that “cliche” or “overused story plots” gain the more reads, (not that there is anything wrong with that), and this is proven by what Episode release themselves. Besides cliches can be anything, it doesn’t mean you should choose to slander a story for that, you can critique the author on their directing, grammar, character development and overall just constructive criticism. “Like get some new material”, almost everything has inspiration taken from it, although I understand what you mean to some extent, I would never ever say that to an author, choosing to write their own story.

3 Likes

@Kaci.Episode, having an opinion is different to completely “slandering” someone. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and free speech, but in no way does that mean slandering is also allowed.

3 Likes

Thank you! Someone said it.

2 Likes