Not allow to post chat threads?

Personally, I disagree with this. There’s some players who feel they do not have the chance to talk with their friends or family members in real life. Even if they still can. it’s nice to just have a chat about random things and not have to make a thread about each of them. Why would we need to make a thread to talk about cool things that happened in real life? I get the spamming thing, but sometimes people just want to share their feelings with others, even if it’s strangers online. I also don’t understand how talking about ourselves is spamming. I understand how it is when there’s one person making multiple replies within 15 minutes on 1 thread (guilty), but if it’s just to chat with other players, what’s wrong with that? Isn’t this the episode community? Why can’t we chat with each other about things that aren’t only related to one subject?

Hi!

A reminder that Chat threads are allowed and there are several still open on the forums. However all threads in General Chat must specify a topic and all discussion within a thread must relate to its stated topic.

The Ranting Thread for example, specifies the nature of the posts that belong there (eg. rants, concerns, complaints etc.). But threads with no stated topic (aka “post whatever” threads) invite spamming and so will be closed. As will threads with stated topics that conistently lapse into off-topic posts and spamming despite multiple warnings :slight_smile:

Ah, ok. That makes sense . I apologize, I get it now.

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: