Not Receiving Any Fan Mail

Is it weird that I am currently writing my 5th story on Episode that has been released seen October of last year, and I still haven’t received any fan mail? It’s not that I need it, but I would like to at least know how my readers feel about my story; I do believe in feedback.

3 Likes

Are you sure your fanmail is on? Also, that’s disappointing… you’ll get some eventually! I have 1 fanmail and I posted my first story last yr on october 30th. but she’s someone on forums so I don’t know if it counts

1 Like

My fan mail is always on; I’ve never turned it off. It is disappointing to not receive any fan mail.

2 Likes

Yeah :disappointed:

1 Like

It’s okay…
Some people just don’t like to send fan mail even if they like the story
And if they are new to episode then they don’t even know that’s a thing
I remember randomly coming across the three dot thing and pressing it and seeing a fan mail button.
My reaction: “That’s a thing?!?!?!” -shocked face-… Clicks on button…“ooooooo… ahhhhhhhh… wow”

7 Likes

I guess :frowning:

This is so me :rofl:

But sometimes I do send it, especially to my friends and sisters ^^

2 Likes

I never send fan mail honestly, even for stories I absolutely love.

7 Likes

I think people don’t do it anymore because they can just simply follow you on Instagram & DM you their thoughts on your story on there.

4 Likes

I wouldn’t know either way cause mine’s turned off. It’s overwhelming to answer half the time anyway!

And I do agree with you, that seems to be the new thing or they wait for authors to open up questions on IG.

4 Likes

From my experience I would say it’s pretty normal, because compared to the reads I got, I receive a very few fanmail. I had to wait months for my very first fanmail and when I saw that I have 1 unread message, I was so excited and nervous that I was staring at that number for long minutes, and when I finally opened it, it said: “cc?” :rofl:

I agree with this and I used to be like this. I actually only started sending fanmail because I realized that if getting feedback makes me feel happy and motivated, the least I can do is to give feedback to authors I like, especially if they are relatively unknown and barely receive any.

5 Likes

I very rarely send fan-mail, unless I can’t contact the author through instagram or the forums.

2 Likes

This topic makes me realize I should make a point of sending fanmail more often to people. As of now, I do it very rarely, because (a) I get shy lol, and (b) the fanmail system only lets readers type out their thoughts in this weird single line thing and it’s just a miserable experience. Also, you don’t know if the author has even responded to anything you wrote unless you personally check (and if they’re popular, that fanmail scrolls for miles). You don’t even know if fanmail is turned off. The interface needs some major revamping.

13 Likes

I get a fanmail or two every once in a while but lately more people have sent me DMs on instagram instead. That actually surprised me, because I’m still a “new” author and not all that active on instagram.

1 Like

I get fanmail from @JemU776 and maybe 2 or 1 other person on my VERY FIRST story, and now I am currently working on 2 stories. Yeah, I miss feedback.

4 Likes

A lot of the fan mail I get is people asking how I coded something, or asking me about the artwork in my story
Some lovely people have left comments, but it’s a rare occurrence

3 Likes

me! when i got my first fan mail i was so excited. then i read it

“is there a love interest?”

5 Likes

I wish every author had a reader half as cute as @JemU776 is. Even when I sent her a fanmail, her reply was mostly about how much she liked MY story :heart:

5 Likes

Agree.

2 Likes

Thank you for your kind words @Annieways :heart_eyes_cat: You’re an amazing author and friend :sparkling_heart:
And it is true though, your story is super hilarious and wonderful, I love reading it and it brightens my mood by so much and makes me happy :joy:

To stay on topic, I love sending fanmail sometimes. When I first started, I sent fanmail to so many people who didn’t have many reads on their stories, telling them their story rocked and I enjoyed it :nerd_face: It can make someone’s day. But even if someone doesn’t send you fanmail, it doesn’t mean they hated your story, as mentioned above. People can still support you without ever directly talking to you :sunflower:

3 Likes