Not running to the right place

That’s the easiest way I can explain what I want:
Zoom on zone 2, 2 characters from zone 1 running to zone 3 and 2 characters from zone 3 running to zone 1.
Those were my initial attempts:
@CHAR1 stands screen left in zone 1 and CHAR2 stands screen right in zone 1 and CHAR3stands screen left in zone 3 and CHAR4 stands screen right

@CHAR1 walks to screen left in zone 3 in 2 and CHAR1 is run_athletic_neutral_loop and CHAR2 walks to screen right in zone 3 in 2 and CHAR2 is run_athletic_neutral_loop and CHAR3 walks to screen left in zone 1 in 2 and CHAR3 is run_athletic_neutral_loop and CHAR4 walks to screen right in zone 1 in 2 and CHAR4 is run_athletic_neutral_loop

@CHAR1 spot 1.000 100 100 in zone 1 and CHAR2 spot 1.000 220 100 in zone 1 and CHAR3 spot 1.000 100 100 in zone 3 and CHAR4 spot 1.000 220 100 in zone 3

@CHAR1 walks to spot 1.000 100 100 in zone 3 in 2 and CHAR1 is run_athletic_neutral_loop and CHAR2 walks to spot 1.000 220 100 in zone 3 in 2 and CHAR2 is run_athletic_neutral_loop and CHAR3 walks to spot 1.000 100 100 in zone 1 in 2 and CHAR3 is run_athletic_neutral_loop and CHAR4 walks to spot 1.000 220 100 in zone 1 in 2 and CHAR4 is run_athletic_neutral_loop

On both instances the same thing happened.

• char1 and char2 both ran from zone 1 to zone 2, they were way too close to each other but it worked kinda well. (They also slowly got a further from each other while running)
  • it seems as if char4 was just running in place between zones 1 and 2.
  • char3 wasn’t visible.

Now, I know that it probably has something to do with how each zone is 640 after the previous one or something like that but even after I tried fixing it by adding 640 to the second coordinates of char3 and char4 it didn’t work well:

*Adding it to the spot coordinates (I guess the 100 and 220) didn’t change anything
*Adding it to both the spot and the walking, or just walking coordinates made the walk from zone 1 to 3 instead. They also had the problem with being to close each other.

Thanks!

(Numbers refer to your bullet points) Okay so:

1. This is because you set the same timing for both characters. To make it look better, the character that is closer to zone 3 (here: char2) should have a shorter timing because the distance is shorter too.
  2. You need to add a zone to char4’s position in the first command. You only wrote “CHAR4 stands screen right”. Just add “in zone 3” at the end.
  3. There’s no space after CHAR3 and “stands” in the line. I think that might be the issue?

Also I recommend using “does it while” for walking/running, instead of “is”. It can spare you issues in the future. Sometimes it matters and the quicker you learn to use it the better :blush:
So the command would look like this:
@CHAR1 walks to screen left in zone 3 in 2 AND CHAR1 does it while run_athletic_neutral_loop

1. Char2 is going to the end of zone 3 though, while char1 goes to the beginning.

2.3. I forgot to say that I’ve done it (I just remade the script so it isn’t perfect, so just replace all spot XYZ with screen X). Otherwise why didn’t the spot version work?
4. I hope it will, because today it didn’t help.

Can you then maybe show your actual script? A screenshot preferably.

Imgur

Remove line 308, you do not have to code the same background twice.
Starting a new background without specifying the placements makes the placement of the characters reset back to the default zone (zone 1), which is the reason all four of your characters start from zone 1.
Basically, the placements at line 305 did not apply at all because the script takes the second background as a ‘new scene’.

If you notice, it’s EXTvsINT.
But I moved the script to after the INT and it worked! TYSM!!!

My bad! But yes, you still need to place them before because it’s a ‘new’ scene.
Glad it works for you now!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.