Not sure what's wrong

Hello! I’m kind of new to this and would appreciate any input. The code I’ve typed basically turns out weird?

@VIKA changes into VIKA_HOME_1

INT. VIKA BED - DAY [the overlay only appears over the location after I tap]
&overlay BLANKY create
&overlay BLANKY shifts to -41 -124 in zone 1
&overlay BLANKY scales to 1.900 1.900
&overlay BLANKY moves to layer 1
&overlay BLANKY opacity 1 in 0
@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0

NARRATOR (VIKA)
At night, I turn to a completely different person.

@VIKA stands upscreen left AND VIKA faces right [okay, this, she basically stands before going under to the preferred starting position. where should I place this line instead so it turns out like the configurations preferred below?]
@VIKA spot 1.568 120 -106 in zone 1
@VIKA moves to layer 0
@VIKA is yawn_bored
@VIKA is sleep_sit_neutral_loop AND VIKA faces right
@VIKA spot 1.568 113 -74 in zone 1 [I get 2 positions from this? a little lower then to the right spot. nani is happening?]
@VIKA moves to layer 0

&zoom on 159 358 to 1809% in 5
[and lastly, regarding the zoom. is it possible to transition to another character, starting at the same zoom position and zooming out to a preferred frame? like not the whole view as you would get from &zoom reset?]

Man this looks confusing! Thank you in advance <3

For the overlay, maybe you can reorganize the order and put the second is to ensure that there’s no delay for the overlay to appear.

You don’t need to code stands upscreen left if you already have a spotting as your preferred starting position, and I would usually place it before the zoom. I would have spot the character before the zoom.

I would use the “starts” command instead of “is”, because there will be a delay and make the character idle before doing the animation. But if you want it that way, you don’t have to change it.

INT. VIKA BED - DAY
&overlay BLANKY create
&overlay BLANKY opacity 1 in 0
&overlay BLANKY shifts to -41 -124 in zone 1 in 0
&overlay BLANKY scales to 1.900 1.900 in 0
&overlay BLANKY moves to layer 1

@/VIKA spot 1.568 120 -106 in zone 1 AND VIKA faces right <I assume she is facing right for the starting scene.
@/VIKA moves to layer 0

@/VIKA changes into VIKA_HOME_1

&cut to zone 1 <I assume this is zone 1.
&zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
&VIKA starts yawn_bored <I assume you want her to do the animation while narrating? If that’s so, just put the “&” command, or else “@”
NARRATOR (VIKA)
At night, I turn to a completely different person.

&zoom on 159 358 to 1809% in 5 <Do you mean you want the zoom to occur at the same time when the character is doing the animation? If that’s the case, you got to put the zoom command here with the “&”.
@/VIKA spot 1.568 113 -74 in zone 1 AND VIKA faces right AND VIKA starts sleep_sit_neutral_loop <So I assume this spot is for her sleeping position? If it’s not, then you have to re-spot her.

1 Like

Sis… Thank youuu!!! It’s functioning well now <3

And regarding the zoom, it’s more of like zooming to character A’s tattoo and zooming out from character B’s identical tat, then stopping at a close-up shot of B’s torso (as opposed to a view of the whole zone: @zoom reset) if that makes sense :thinking:

Oh, but do you want them to be of different backgrounds or the same?

If you want them to place in two different background, you can zoom in character A’s tattoo and make a transition to the next scene, showing character B’s identical tattoo and zoom to the B’s torso.

If they are in the same background, just have your starting zoom to be at character A’s tattoo and then cut to character B’s identical tattoo. And zoom to B’s torso.
or
If you don’t want to change the zoom, you can just @/remove CHARACTER A and place character B to the exact spot character A’s in.

1 Like

Got it! Thanks a heap!!!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.