Nothing important

I read Episode without using earphones or speakers. Just… Occasionally when I want to.
But if you include sound in, it’s also fine!
Since it’s both okay to use or not use sounds, here’s my score:

5/10

1 Like

I go based on beat and tempo and pitch–

Summary

happy scene up beat, high keys, mid-fast tempos (literal tons of them on episode portal lol with names like everydaygroove and friendship_progression
For intense scenes where you want to convey tension or fear, check out ones in a slower tempo or lower key- more bass* and a slower tempo – my personal favorite is so_much_tension_loop (i think that’s how its broken up).
for sad scenes look for moderate-to-slow tempos but a lower key and pitch…

Basically, listen to the music and if it makes you bob your head, it’s probably not good for a death scene lmao.

2 Likes

Thankyou so much for sharing this :heart:

2 Likes

8/10, as long as the music matches the scene, it kinda makes the emotions hit harder when it works :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

They’ll usually create a Spotify playlist or such to go along with the story and put song titles in a readerMessage when they want the reader to play that specific track. Under Pressure by EpisodePeach and RachelonEpisode comes to mind as a good example of this mechanic :>!

2 Likes

100 lol i hate to read amazing stories without sounds and music

2 Likes

I dont think there’s enough sounds available to really improve a story so I usually just leave it off, 1/10

2 Likes