Nothing to loose so go for it!

So ever since I was little I’ve wanted to write and publish my own book. I’ve never really had the confidence too and never thought that I’d be good enough. But now I’m older I realise you don’t loose anything by giving things a go.

So back in February I was at work and one of the children wanted a nee story, we didn’t have any new books so I made one up on the spot. The children loved it so from there I worked in it, adding and changing different bits.

And after having a few other people read it, I decided to send it off to a publisher. They wanted to publish it but unfortunately the cost was a little too expensive. So I decided to self publish. I’m so excited because I should be ready to publish in just a few more months :grin::grin::grin: and even if I’m not successful at least I can say I have done it!

If there is something you want to do, don’t hold back you have nothing to loose but perhaps a lot to gain!!

16 Likes

that is properly a publishing scam, an actual publisher would not take money for publishing.

be carefull when you publish, I recomand to watch this

3 Likes

It was the contract they wanted which was inclusive. I’d never pay for someone to publish my work which is why I decided to self publish so it doesn’t cost me a thing as it’s with Amazon :slight_smile: I did a lot a research into this and the company I was going to go with but although they “would” advertise. I knew it wouldn’t be much and their royalties were rubbish this is because they are a hybrid publisher.

So while they would publish my book (for a price) they wouldn’t do much for it at all :slight_smile:

2 Likes

wow! not many people can say that they published there own book! Just imagine your work being read by all those children. Congrats! :blob_sun: :blob_hearts:

1 Like

Oh that’s so amazing!! Congrats!!:blush::blush:

1 Like

Congratulations :clap:t2:!! @Emmzy Not everyone gets a chance to create a story on their own!! You have amazing talent!

Congrats! thats amazing… You have amazing talent.

Thank you everyone :smiley:

Omg, congrats!!! :white_heart::white_heart:

What a beautiful story (and message)! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Congrats, girl!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.