Nvm... my story topic has changed because I’ve been educated

I recommend you to read about historical facts. Also a woman would never be allowed to be a mafia boss, women are seen as objects

1 Like

I’ve read stories were you live under there protection for like ur business and things like ur on their payroll also I’ve read stories were they try to keep things like drugs and things out of their streets so I apologize I didn’t research it yet and that was bad on my end

1 Like

Sorry if I came out rude in my previous comments, but I’m really sick of people that stereotype Italians and the mafia. You should never rely on other stories for information, with researches you can decide whether write a mafia story (that involves crime and killing) or maybe some sort of FBI that stops criminals and in fact protects.

3 Likes

That was one of the points in this story it was a female boss which doesn’t happen often which it should because this is 2020 females can lead

1 Like

Don’t worry :smiley:
But never base your knowledge on episode stories. They talk about mafia in the wrong way.
Also Mafia is always connected to drug dealing ecc

2 Likes

The mafia never gives you money or protection without a price you can’t pay. That’s how they are. They’ll offer you money and demand back a price you won’t be able to handle. They don’t care about their victims, they only care about themselves. They’ll kill you and possibly your family if you don’t, the’ll burn down your house or kill your livestock, they’ll threaten everyone around you. They’re killers that’s all. They’re killers who plague Italy, and I’m tired of seeing people trying to sympathize with them. We hate them so much, because we’re tired of seeing pain romanticized. I don’t want to be harsh, but if you’re just going to write another story like the many already on episode, that romanticizes the pain and suffering of others, just don’t do it. There’s so many other things you can write about, and I’m sure many people would be happy to help you find one. I usually try to explain to people how they should write mafia stories in a way that doesn’t romanticize them, but I think I’ll stop doing that, because it’s becoming clear most people can’t pull off writing one that doesn’t romanticize muderers.

5 Likes

Ik but Mafia is really about patriarchy. Women are only here for pleasing mens, so that would be pretty impossible. I recommend you to just call it a gang, without involving mafia cause I think you’re talking about a thing that isn’t mafia at all

1 Like

I’m sorry that I didn’t research this it was very bad on my part this is my first story so I’m still learning thank you for ur help it’s very much appreciated

3 Likes

What about an undercover agent that is spying on the organisation as LI? He could be sweet and not toxic at all. Just putting some ideas together, I understand you already have everything planned out.

2 Likes

i think that most people cannot write a mafia story without romanticizing the members of it is because their behaviour has been normalised on episode now.
and that is disgusting.

no hate to @Your_girl.kay, i just also feel quite passionate about these issues too!

5 Likes

I understand you don’t want to romanticize killers which I understand is there anyway I could put this into a protecting prospective which isn’t mafia

1 Like

i think that this could work!

3 Likes

If u want to inform yourself, I can recommend u some things that really happened in Italy.
Falcone e Borsellino, Don Pino Puglisi, Franca Viola. Just some names that have fought the Mafia

2 Likes

No, I agree. It’s become normalized to the point most people don’t even consider them murderers, just “bad boys” with a rough past. I always try to educate people on how to write a good mafia story that portrays them as killers, but they just end up writing another one like the 50 on the app, where they portray the LI as a murderer for one episode, but they end up living happily ever after in the rest. Until everyone learns how disgusting they are, I won’t waste my time trying to explain the same thing over and over again.

3 Likes

Police (ik it’s a sensitive topic but in Italy police is different to the american one), secret agents

I am so sorry I didn’t realize how much this could offend people like I said I wanted make this like a protecting the city type of thing which I now know mafia isn’t

3 Likes

Also thank u so much for listening to us

3 Likes

i also agree!

we shouldn’t be sympathising with these killers, just because they love the MC and promise to change their ways for them, or completely drop everything to be with them. i highly doubt that it would ever happen :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

You don’t have to apologize! You’re willing to change your story, and I think that goes to prove you’re a good person. Everything I said wasn’t really directed towards you for the most part, but more in general considering the amount of people I see being dead set on wanting to romanticize the mafia.

4 Likes

No problem sorry for causing such a problem in the first place I honestly thought they were protecters not just ruthless killers sorry

2 Likes