Object Being Thrown and Rotating

I’ve been trying to figure out how to make an object rotate while it is being thrown, and I am having problems. If you know how, please let me know!

2 Likes

Hi! I can help! I had problems with it too, and someone helped by showing this thread:

Or this one:

4 Likes

hey, I might be able to help with this one as I do this quite a lot in my script.
You first start by creating and rotating the overlay (just do what you normally do but add a rotation in there so you can set the anchor point) it should look something like this…
@overlay … create
@overlay … rotates 0 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 0
@overlay … opacity 1

You have to set the anchor point before spot directing so then when you actually come to rotating the overlay it shouldn’t shift.
Then when it comes to moving and rotating the overlay, it should look something like this…
@overlay … shifts to … in zone 1 in 1 and overlay … rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1
(Make sure the duration is the same for both commands!)

It should then rotate and shift at the same time, hope this helps! Lmk if you’re still struggling :smiley:

2 Likes

Thanks so much!

1 Like

Thank you. I’m gonna try this out.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.