Official Tutorial/How-To for the Forums (V2)

Hello Episodians! Unsure where to post your new topic? Confused about what belongs in each section? Lost without hope of direction?

Never fear! This handy dandy tutorial is here to help guide you! :slight_smile:

Navigation Bar: The options at the top of the page are in place to make it easier to organize threads.

Categories & Subcategories: For those familiar with our original forums, Categories and Subcategories are the same as Forums and Sub Forums. Categories contain all of the threads and posts that user’s create. Below we explain the differences between categories and where to correctly create content.

Forum Team Pro Tip: The Story Games & Role Play Category is a great place to find and create awesome forum games!

Have a Bright Idea?: Feature + Art Suggestions is the best place to leave all of your exciting ideas, whether they be for Art, the Writer’s Portal or the App!

Need Help?: Directing Help & Tips is a great place to find answers to commonly asked questions or to post your own questions. Our community is always willing to help another Episodian out!

When and how to flag topics and replies: Flagging is a tool built into the Episode Forums that enables users to easily report any activity that violates the General Forum Rules.

When to flag:

Did You Know?: The Writer’s Room is unlocked when an author enters the Writer Payments program, is promoted on a shelf or wins a Creator’s Contest.

How to flag:

Step One: The “three dots” menu can be found at the bottom of every reply.

Step Two: Make sure to tap/click the flag that is directly underneath the topic/reply that you want to report.

Step Three: Choose the correct option that best describes the violation in question. Please make sure to include as many details as possible in the field’s requesting info.

Your Episode Forum Team:

ouradmins

2018-04-02_1327

2018-04-02_1329

Clipboard01

Have any forum related questions or any topic that you would like to see covered in this thread? Let us know in the comments below :sunny:

207 Likes

Thanks for the tip!

10 Likes

how do u start a thread?

23 Likes

Thank you so much for this! I have only recently signed up and had absolutely no idea.

9 Likes

Fantastic idea for the next revision! Thanks! :thinking:

5 Likes

how to make the voting thing ?

5 Likes
  1. First you go to the “:gear:” icon.
  2. Go to “Build Poll.”
  3. Then, you go and choose whichever “type” of the voting system you want to do.
  4. Whatever you do, put your choices in the “Options” box.
    Hope this helps!
10 Likes

Thank you so much. This definately helped a lot… :heart::heart::heart::heart:

4 Likes

thanks

2 Likes

i helped alot

1 Like

:smiley:

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the forums games have their own subforum and that their not in The Story Games & Role Playing subforum anymore…

@Jeremy

3 Likes

Correct. The tutorial is not up to date and will be worked on over time, as I indicated above :smiley:. Thanks for the assist.

2 Likes

Thank you Jeremy! :blush::blush:

3 Likes

How do i make text blurry?:two_hearts:

2 Likes

Go to the little gear in the top right of the text window when you start to write a reply and select the option “blur spoiler”

2 Likes

4 Likes