Ok I got a question for y’all artists

Ok so do u guys copy a picture of something and draw it over or do u guys sketch because so yeh that’s all

1 Like

I’m not a GOOD artist. But I can tell you that copying a picture is a way to start. Do I recommend it? No not really because it’s not really your artwork, if you’re going to copy someone’s work for practice don’t post it, or claim it as your own. If posted give credit to the original artist. Sketching is probably what most people do, as well as I do, although I’m not really artistic, i can answer this question :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeh very true ty🖤

1 Like

Girl can u give me some tips or like a pic of the like hair cause I really want to practice for the hair yk but yeh lol​:crazy_face::joy::black_heart:

graphic design yeah I guess about the same so yeah but.i suck at tips just overall; you do you

1 Like

Awww tysm

Wait what’s her instagram

I only use references for poses and backgrounds! And even then I try not to make it too similar to the original. Sketching usually works best for me!

3 Likes

There is no answer. JK JK. If you’re doing episode and tracing episode assets. I usually find a reference pose from Pinterest that I like or even go to some of those “aesthetic” boards to fine inspiration. Then, I usually grab the character I want to draw or better say “trace” it’s details and there’s a process to it. So, basically both. Copy a picture of the episode character. & Draw it over in a digital App.

But if you mean realistic art. Most people prefer Sketching it out. I’ve never drawn realistic art before so… yeah.

2 Likes

Instead of tracing, I like to split my screen into 2 parts, one with my reference picture and one with a blank page, so it’s easy for me to look at and draw at the same time.

2 Likes

Moved to Art Resources since Feature + Art Suggestions is for requests to the development team.

Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

1 Like