Okay....cmon now......really do better

Look it may be cuz im repulsed by this stuff but Cmon now. I have been reading CHAPTER ONE and this isnt even anything lewd going on MC is dreaming then she walks into a coffee shop THEN walks to class and finally meets werewolf love interest.

BUT CMON NOW! THIS IS TOO MUCH I DONT WANNA SIT AND READ HER NASTY THOUGHTS. WE HAVENT EVEN MET THE MAN (not really) but like its SO gross to read this and CRINGE X.X

THEN WE GET IN THE CLASS AND ITS LIKE WORSE SOMEHOW. MAYBE IM WEIRD BUT ARE REAL PEOPLE LIKE THIS!?

Sad part is IVE READ(but not even finished) WORSE BUT THIS JUST…IDK pushed past my limit

Like cmon now…
Been reading about this girls wet dreams for 10 mins straight…seriously

15 Likes

Damn idk what to say. Except I do agree that this is a bit cringe.

2 Likes

Least not just me…this feels excessive x.x

3 Likes

Yeah it does feel quite excessive.

A…uh…proofreader is definitely needed. But uh…wow. Very weird, and cringe.

4 Likes

They tried way too hard to make this sound poetic and swoon-worthy, but it’s… yikes.

(This is why you hear a lot of people telling writers to use purple prose in moderation…) O.o

4 Likes

Its just pure cringe and it seems they are making it way too romantic.

May I ask what this means?

Sure! Purple prose is a style of writing that’s very flowery and ornate. Some other things to know about purple prose is that the sentences are long, a lot of words consist of several syllables, incredibly emotional (oftentimes to a point of being excessive), and it often uses crazy amounts of cliches.

An example of purple prose from the famous book series ‘Twilight’:
“His skin, white despite the faint flush from yesterday’s hunting trip, literally sparkled, like thousands of tiny diamonds were embedded in the surface.”

Purple prose is often looked down upon because it’s most typically seen as a mark of bad writing. It’s often excessive and boring. It’s also really annoying, because it slows down a story a massive amount.

I personally feel like the only way purple prose can be pulled-off is if it’s self-aware and addressed in a comedic sense.

7 Likes

And I learned something new haha thanks n.n

Happy to help! : )

Um, yikes. :exploding_head:
This is like an overload of did not need to know. It’s like super common to read these things now, but not like so much for so long.

1 Like

Setting aside the content itself, which personally I despise, but I don’t begrudge anyone who does like it, no story should be using this much narration. Episode is a visual story telling medium. An entire story shouldn’t have this much narration, let alone one chapter. :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Agree with you! I won’t hate on people that like this, but I feel like they spent too much time on trying to make people swoon and self-insert to remember that people won’t want to read a story if it’s bad. X.x

2 Likes

I think its a feature story x.x

If not then no shade to the author personally

3 Likes

No shade for the author but uh what am I looking at? :sweat_smile: reminds me of a Wattpad story that wants to be romantic but also wants to be very detailed and sexual at the same time and it just comes out as a cringe way of “romance”

6 Likes

Oh wow, really?! That’s disturbing on so many levels. But in hindsight, not very surprising given the problematic nature of so many of their originals. :unamused:

1 Like

Yeah x.x
I wouldnt slam an aspiring writer intentionally…I assumed this was something made by the company it has gem choices and app reccommended to me

Their features are so trash…hard to believe at one point they were good

3 Likes

I suspect they’ve fallen into the same trap so many companies before them have. They start out with good intentions and a good product that people love and enjoy. Then they start to wonder if they can make a bit more money while maintaining artistic integrity. They slowly begin to only care about profits and growth potential. They start doing anything and everything they can think of to maximize profits. But it comes at the cost of quality, leading to more and more users turning away from the app. So they start doing anything and everything they can think of to try to get people back while retaining the ones they still have, including chasing popular story tropes and producing content that clearly violates their own guidelines. Or so it seems to me. But then, I’m a very cynical person. :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

You wordes thar absolutely beautifully im jealous ha

Very true what you say

2 Likes