Okay episode this to much and wrong

I changed phones from iPhone to Android, so obviously I had to restart everything and I was shocked when I saw this. I’m glad someone made a thread about this since I was planning to, but probably would never have gotten around to doing so.

To be honest, the first thought the went through my mind is that Episode is really becoming an app just for romance readers and this is their way to find readers who would be most attracted to that genre to get rid of the dissatisfaction other readers have with those type of stories- cause who’d read all those romance stories if they don’t enjoy them?

Saying this makes me feel like I’m accusing the Episode team which isn’t my intention, it’s just what went through my mind. Maybe the reason is totally different, but this is what it seemed like to me…

2 Likes

judging by the last screenshot that’s posted it seems like it’s just making you add new stories to your shelf after they make you read the initial chapter/episodes. so unless they are forcing you to read them when you add them to your shelf, you should be able to just add them and then get to the rest of the content that’s on episode like the community stories.

That’s crazy. I don’t remember Episode doing that back in 2013 when I first downloaded the app. However, you did have to read 2 Episode stories in order to read the other stories that episode authors wrote.

THIS HAPPENES!?!??!?!

1 Like

you shall read 3 chapters to add one story. and when you have read 18 chapters yoy get acces to all stories

What the hell?

After thinking about it…I think they’re doing that because no one wants to read those crappy featured stories :thinking:

3 Likes

I had no idea Episode did this.
I think it’s great to have some kind of tutorial on how to read stories and where to find different genres and how to use the search bar because I remember when I first started using the Episode app, all I read was featured stories because that’s what was on the front page. Also, I didn’t even know there were such things as user stories.

But I think it’s completely unnecessary to make new readers read 18 episodes before unlocking all stories. Even worse is that they have the nerve to ask 17 diamonds to unlock all the stories immediately?! They are basically saying that unless you want to spend actual money right away, you can’t get “real” access before you’ve more or less read an entire story - even if you don’t like it.

4 Likes

there is not totorial there i just read this stories and hwne you have read the chapters . it onluck the others with out telling you anything. the app just look as how does for you right now. nothing is told. they not told or done anything about the user stories .

It honestly makes no sense.

1 Like

bump

Still a stupid idea :upside_down_face: still waiting on episode to change this so we can share our stories with people who dont have the app

1 Like

I made a thread about it months ago cause I got a friend to download the app and she can’t read the stories I recommend to her. After the thread, she’s able to get out of reading the featured stories cause she had to read multiple featured stories to have access to the user stories. She even complained about how she want to read to comedy section so bad but all they provide are romance stories. :neutral_face:

This update just didn’t make people happy :confounded:

bump

The heck, Episode. Also, what is the story with the pink haired girl on the cover?

Ok… I downloaded Episode back when it was just starting out years ago and I had NO idea this was a thing…
I really don’t see a reason for a new reader to have to read 20 chapters of any story, without having a choice…!
I don’t mind a tutorial existing to make navigation through the app easier, but this is straight up forcing people to read featured stories.
Not cool.

4 Likes

the new bloodlost

1 Like

They just love to force their stories on us :unamused:
I can’t get over this one… :weary:

4 Likes

I read my 20 and still can’t play other stories

2 Likes