One Layer Drawing Challenge!

Ooo :heart_eyes: thanks for the tag :slight_smile: Iā€™ll give a try! Idk how well a face would come out because I always duplicate one eye and just flip it over and am still new at using Ibis, maybe Iā€™d have better luck drawing Cousin Itt from the adams family lol or a dog instead lol

1 Like

Well itā€™s as good as itā€™s going to get for a one layer, I had fun attempting it! But shading without layers :woozy_face: I couldnā€™t fix my problems lol and I messed up in the background and couldnā€™t undo what I did so then it just became an explosion of stuff :woman_facepalming:t3:so ignore that if you can Bahahha :sob:

My attempt

5 Likes

Im Joining x

1 Like

:joy: Yeah, good luck!

@Madhu Thank you! Yay, Iā€™m excited to see it!

@Elaina2 Wow! I love it! The colors and hair are so pretty! Thanks for doing it!

@UltimaW Alright, cool!

3 Likes

Doing this, I learned one lesson: I love layers and I am never ever using one layer again

6 Likes

Nice job! I love it! Yeah it does really make you appreciate them :joy: Thanks for doing it!

2 Likes

Haha this seems cool iā€™ll definitely join when i have time :blush:

1 Like

Thanks! Great!

Yeahā€¦

4 Likes

Nice! I love it! Thanks for giving it a go :blush:

1 Like

What is layer drawing?

1 Like

Layers is sort of similar to outlined sheets of transparencies in real life, you can stack them up and theyā€™ll create an image, like how digital artists would of course use this technique, digitally. A lot of us use around 3+ layers when drawing something, so working with 1 layer is pretty challenging for most. I suck at explaining layers so I guess you can just google it.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s a good way to explain it. Itā€™s helpful for keeping things separate if we want to go back to something or add to it.

2 Likes

That makes sense. But how do you put all the individual layers together to make one complete image?

@ArtisticWaffle Sry for all the questions but I wanna learn and Google is sometimes a pain :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

it does it itself (:

2 Likes

Thatā€™s ok! Itā€™s great you want to learn. As @eilyk said, it puts them together when you save it. You could merge them together yourself, but there really isnā€™t a point. Iā€™m happy to answer questions, so just let me know if you have more!

2 Likes

I hate you @ArtisticWaffle
I wanted so badly to make more layersss but I had to try. I donā€™t actually hate it that muchā€¦ I think I sorta just learned a new technique, actually. and I made it dark so no one can see all the screw ups. Ya really gotta have your brightness high if you wanna see anything at all.

1 hr 50 mins
I wouldā€™ve recorded it too, but my program was acting up.

13 Likes

Even after I increased the brightness, Iā€™m still impressed! I know I couldnā€™t do that in one layer! :astonished: I love her eyes btw!

1 Like

Thank you! Everything about her was so dark I couldnā€™t bring myself to make her eyes white. I felt like it wouldā€™ve looked too weird.

1 Like

Yeah, I definitely could see that looking weird. I think you made a good call with the eyes!

2 Likes