(CLOSED) Ara's Overlay Thread

Hi, all! Since rewriting my story, I’ve noticed how impactful overlays can be so I’ve decided to start creating them for others! If you’re interested, you can read the rules and fill out the necessary forms below. I’ll get back to you as soon as possible.

*Note: I am not taking background requests at the moment.

Basic cutouts (works best with clear, high-quality images)

Handmade/Edited Overlays

Text overlays

r.i.p. light mode users

Limb overlays/custom poses (INK and LL)

Read the Rules - Wild, I know. Do not request from me without reading these rules. If a problem arises that could have been mitigated if you read my conditions, I’ll cite this section.

Credit Me - Either in a readerMessage or at the end of a chapter whenever my work is used. My forums username is fine. Failure to give proper credit will result in me reporting your post/story for termination, muah :kiss:

Please Be Patient - I enjoy creating these things and like helping other Episodians, but if you rush me, it gets 1000x less fun. I have a life, friends, and family that I value outside of anything online. Turn-around time is between 1-2 weeks depending on the complexity and size of the request. If you need something in a hurry—this is not the shop for you!

Submitting Your Request - Unless you have already sent in your form and need something updated, please give me your request in the format it appears under the “Forms” section. Also, double-triple-quadruple check the details you send because once I receive your request, edits are minimal to none. Doing these two things makes the whole process much smoother for you and me!

No Thread-Hopping - * kim voice * Don’t be effing rude :crazy_face: If you request here, don’t request the same thing somewhere else and vice versa. If I see you thread-hopping on my or anyone else’s threads, I’ll set your account to “Ignore Forever." Bleh.

I Have The Right to Deny Requests - For any reason. It’s nothing personal.

Uploading Requests to my Drive: I’m working on building a drive of my overlays and backgrounds to help other writers so please note that non-story-specific requests may be uploaded there in the future. (Examples of things I will not upload: all custom poses, custom overlays/backgrounds that contain content crucial to your plot, etc.)

Limit of Three Items Per Request - I really like everything to be nice and aesthetically pleasing so having 5+ items in a request, I’ve learned, is overwhelming for me!

Raaada Rada - Rada rada radada Rada. Radadada radada rada rada rada rarada.

The Waitlist - To curve the problem of me closing all the time, I’ve created a 3-person waitlist on a first-come, first-served basis. It won’t be automatically updated if you requested while all the slots were full so only send in a request when there are slots open, yeah :?

Be Cool, Be Nice - 'Cause why wouldn’t you?

Text Overlays

Words/Phrases you need (if more than one, please separate w/ commas or numbering):
Will you be uploading this to the portal? (lets me know if/how much I need to compress the image):
Examples (if there’s a certain style of typography you want me to replicate):
Font:
Color:
Special Effects (italicize, underline, curved words, shadows, etc):

Image Overlays

Description:
Will you be uploading this to the portal? (lets me know if/how much I need to compress the image):
Materials (if you have certain images you want me to incorporate):
Extra Examples (appreciated as I am a visual person):
Special Effects (outline, shadows, etc):

Character Overlays

Type (Custom Pose, Limb Overlay, or Group Shot (limit of 3 characters)):
Description:
Character(s) Details:
Extra Details (outline, shadows, etc):
References/Examples (appreciated as I am a visual person):

1. CLOSED
  2. CLOSED
  3. CLOSED

You can view all my overlays and backgrounds here; just make sure you read all my rules and credit me if you use anything:

:black_heart: Ara’s Drive :black_heart:

Thanks for checking out my shop; have a great day :))<3

24 Likes

Bump ’ cause I have some free time again!

3 Likes

if your still open i need a few overlays…

-football with like stickers on it from different parts around the world (if its too complicated dont do it)
-like a photo book and pictures
-iphone
whispers any overlays you can spare a come in handy
credit will be given ofc

Sure! I just have a couple questions so I can kinda visualize what you want:

1. For the football, do you want like flags and postcard-esc things?
  2. Do you want the photobook to be open or closed?
  3. Just a classic iPhone overlay with the screen cutout? Any glares?
1 Like
  1. yes like stickers,post cards, etc
  2. opened
  3. no glares
1 Like

I only removed the phone’s background so no credit needed for that. I was a little confused about the photobook so tell me if this is what you had in mind.

Summary

2 Likes

Yes…thank you its perfect :purple_heart:

1 Like

np!

hello…again

id like to request a memoir

in the memoir could it have a closed version of the photo book, a child like drawing of a girl and her grandparents, a old looking brush,a ticket(like a carnival ticket), and a camera

could they be in a box and could i get them seperately

Hi! Can you explain why you mean by memoir? Like a pamphlet? It kinda sounds like you want these items to be contained in a box, but I want to make sure.

the idea of this all is like a memory box
and for the memoir it can be like a poem or something written

1 Like

Sorry, I’ll upload everything in a minute. I had to play around with the angles on the box and now I’m compressing everything down to 1 mb.

1 Like

im in no rush take your time

Mkay, how are these?

Summary

Vintage Brush(1)
Ticket(1)

2 Likes

:exploding_head: Perfect! Thank you!

1 Like

ok, good, I was worried lol. np!

1 Like

ok im back again( i really like your overlays)

if its not too much i need some car overlays in different angles
A Jeep (black)
A Mercedes-Benz
A Sports car
And any type of vintage looking car
it doesnt matter what color for the other 3

Hi! Two things: first, I’ve had overlays rejected for containing branded images so I tried to remove all logos from the photos. I’m not sure if logos were important to you, but I don’t think they would get approved if they had them. Second, sadly, I was not able to warp the images to a front or back angle. Maybe in the future, I’ll be able to find a way/tool to create a 360 view of all photos, but for now, I can only flip them across their y-axis, sorry!

Summary

Benz_R
Benz_L
Sports_Car_R
Sports_Car_L

1 Like

Thank you…again :grin:

1 Like

Bee-ump!