OPINION: Do you like Mafia stories

Hello! I’ve been reading episode stories for quite awhile now and noticed that mafia stories are a hit and always trending. A LOT of readers like them. I’ve read some mafia stories that weren’t the best, (directing, grammar, plot wise) but still got a ton of reads JUST because it’s a mafia story, meanwhile stories that are hidden gems that aren’t mafia related don’t get half the reads mafia stories do. I know there’s also a lot of readers who find them unoriginal and repetitive. I want to know what your opinions are on them? If you like or dislike them why? Thank you! I’m just curious if everyone’s thoughts :relaxed:

THIS IS NOT TO HATE ON ANYONE OR ANY STORY, THIS IS JUST A DISCUSSION AS I WANT TO KNOW OTHER PEOPLE’S VIEWS

My Instagram is @creatiff.writes if any of you guys want to dm me more of your thoughts/opinions :blush:

21 Likes

I’ve never read them EVER. I find them kinda gross. They make FREAKING CRIMINALS look “cute” and “hot”

19 Likes

I hate them. To me they all have the same toxic cliques. I know they could be interesting if written properly but honestly I haven’t found a single one I’ve liked. I’m sort of bias to requestors if they want me to make something for a mafia story. It’s not on purpose of course but my motivation is always barely there in those cases.

14 Likes

Personally, no. I feel like they’re definitely played out. Like every other story on Episode is about the mafia. And I agree with @AwkwardNancy. They’re criminals.

19 Likes

No.

14 Likes

Periodttttttt.

6 Likes

I liked them when I first discovered community stories but now, THEY ARE EVERYWHERE.
I honestly think Mafia should be it’s own genre because they take over Drama and Romance leaving stories that actually fit that genre go unnoticed or have a harder chance to trend.
These men DRIP toxic masculinity and it’s unrealistic.
These stories are cliché and I believe Vampire and Werewolf stories are beginning to be the same.
I have also read some of those stories that have hundreds of thousands, even millions, of reads and they were(sorry not sorry) BORING, had bad plot, bad directing or grammar.

16 Likes

Hate them.

7 Likes

no

7 Likes

I hate them. They constantly promote toxic relationships/behaviors and it’s disgusting. The plot and everything is always the same. They are CRIMINALS, and romanticizing toxic/abusive relationships is so disappointing and disgusting. It’s especially offensive to those who have been affected by the mafia/have a mafia in their city/country. People are KILLED by mafias, so why the heck are people out here making it seem like tHe mAfiA boSs wiLl kiDnAp aNd AbuSe yOu bUt thAtS oKaY bEcAUSe hE’S hOt!!1!1!

19 Likes

I don’t enjoy them, but I don’t disrespect or degrade those who do. However, I DO NOT agree with people who romanticize the mafia because it not only gives young kids with impressional minds this false sense of the reality of what the mafia is really like, but also promotes toxic behavior in relationships. By toxic I mean threatening to kill the MC if they literally talk to another dude. I’ve also seen mafia stories with millions of reads that have so many grammar and directing issues, plot holes, etc. but because, like you said, since it’s a mafia story it gains attraction like crazy. I just don’t agree with the idea, but I was once obsessed with them I won’t lie, so I don’t hold anything against those who still are. I just hope they learn, sooner rather than later, that the mafia shouldn’t and cannot be romanticized.

9 Likes

These stories are most reader’s guilty pleasure. Like getting kidnapped by a hot man who’s the mafia leader, then fall in love and pregnant with his child, end up marrying him and become super rich. Then the mafia husband becomes the most romantic man in the world.

Seriously if he’s a good man, he won’t be a mafia. The real mafia in this world is savage and can’t even respect people instead killing innocent victims. How can they be a good husband if they can’t even be a decent human

Please don’t glorify mafia. Support the good and gentle guys instead hehe

Just my opinion. Don’t shoot me :see_no_evil:

14 Likes

The only one I liked was Amor Loco by Ora. I don’t even know if it’s considered mafia but like yeah- Idk, but i used to read them all the time back in 2016. But as I started reading them more and more I realized that most of them are the same. But I won’t say I wouldn’t read a mafia story. If it’s unique from the others and doesn’t romanticize toxic male and female relationships or Stockholm syndrome or any of that bs, then I could read it. I think I liked Without you by Georgia Sanders- but definitely isn’t my first pick. I don’t really read them now because they are all the same and romanticize things that shouldn’t be romanticize… bye asf

Nah, I’ll just stick to the superpower stories :weary:

5 Likes

Nope.

5 Likes

I don’t read them at all…They’re always the same gun man/cartel boss etc that makes innocent girls falls inlove with them, Im more fan of high school dating lmao with a little twist to it…those stories aren’t for me

11 Likes

I find that mafia stories always have the same storyline. Though I don’t hate them because each one is different yet still has the same ideas as others if you know what I mean. It honestly brings a bad influence. It’s okay to like be creative and and make ideas about it but sexualizing criminals is not it in my opinion. Most of the storylines are like a mafia leader with a bad past, with trust issues and the main girl is the one who could “change” him. Some end well and some end bad.

Though, I like it when it actually involves around action and crime not sexy hot romantic stuff.

5 Likes

At first I liked them but the more I started to find other stories I realized that they really aren’t teaching the kids on here what a healthy relationship should be. Just my opinion. There are some of them that are kinda good.

3 Likes

Mafia stories are overrated :sweat:

5 Likes

PERIODTTT. I personally am not a fan.

2 Likes

Well, other than what a lot of other people said (which I 100% agree with) I personally also don’t like them because they’re usually full of cultural stereotypes. I’d say a good 80% at least of mafia stories are about this mysterious entity that is “the Italian (or Spanish, or Mexican, etc.) mafia”

First of all, what the :imp: is that? I’m no expert in mafia reaserch, but at least in Italy “mafia” includes various subcategories that take different names and are organized differently. I’ve recently read the first episode of a mafia story where the family was from Sicily, yet their organization was typical of the 'ndrangheta (Calabrian mafia). In Italy we ALL know the difference, so you can tell just how superficial, unrealistic and plain ridiculous it looked to me :sweat_smile:

Other than that, it’s always just ‘Italians’, ‘Spanish’, ‘Mexicans’ (yes, they’re in quotes because even the characters themselves don’t look, talk or behave like the nationality they’re supposed to be :wink:).

Anyways, they’re gross most of the time, they all have the same general plot, display the same traits and same ‘cultures’. I can tell you the average Italian LI has tan skin, brown or black hair, and blue eyes… yeah no, we don’t look like that :joy:

8 Likes