Opinion on comedy in drama/romance story's

What do you think of a serious drama/romance story’s having comedy?
I’m currently writing a story and I would like to think it’s a serious drama, except for the few comedy scenes between characters I have for the reader too understand the character’s personality better!
But I want to here everyone’s thoughts on funny/comedy scenes in serious romance or drama story’s?
What are your thoughts on it?
Do you think it’s a waist of time?
Do you like to have a bit of comedy in a serious story or not?
Would you like too see more comedy in romance/drama story’s?
Do you think the comedy scenes make the story or ruin it?
Do you like seeing serious characters being silly or funny?

2 Likes

Hi@Koda.Stories

What do you think of a serous drama / romance story’s having comedy? No please remember we
talking about a comedy not a love and oh things it a comedy if want it in comedy for love and thing make it funny but if want drama then but to make it funny in joke way not a bully way or things make the readers laugh

What are your thoughts on it? to make the comedy funny not a serous way because it a comedy we talking about not a drama thing were get mad and stuff it about funny joke for Comedy make a joke up and then .plot and take time on it

Do you think it’s a waist of time? No it not a waist of time because it a comedy it not that much work

Do you like to have a bit of comedy in a serous story or not? NO comedy not is a serous stuff it about a funny joke or something to laught

Would you like to see more comedy in romance/ drama story’s? NO i think it not part of it unless it something funny but it depends

Do you think the comedy scenes make the story or ruin it? IT makes the stories of comedy it not like it ruin a comedy but it like a movie we watch :sob:

Do you like seeing serious characters being silly or funny? Hold on here because for a comedy it post to be funny not always serous it about joke i don’t know if watch a movie but if do it have comedy in a movie that do funny joke :blob_sun: i don’t unterstand why always comedy on story on episode app always be serous like some do and i wonder why :sob: it is called a comedy means is professional entertainment consisting of jokes and sketches, intended to make an audience laugh. :pensive: :pensive: i just sad because why would comedy be serous

do see when WAR DOGS (COMPLETE) is a real comedy it is funny :sob: like come on not always everything for comedy serous that is a mistake for comedy and even ice ice Baby is comedy too that is part of comedy :sob: please remember this is comedy we talking about not romance :sob:

and i not said it again a comedy mean this lets me give a definition

Example of Comedy mean
professional entertainment consisting of jokes and sketches, intended to make an audience laugh.

look at video for example of a comedy

This is funny comedy video

but please remember it same thing like when make friends laugh from a joke you make or someone you tell a joke too that is part of comedy @Koda.Stories

I would say it depends on the level of comedy. If a story is a serious drama based plot, then I’d steer clear of attempting comedy. I think adding some light hearted moments can be good. Like small breathers between the main drama plot hooks. These can be good and can add to the story. BUT only if they are executed well.

This isn’t to say that you do this… But I’ve seen a lot of stories on episode, where it is very clear that the author is trying hard to be funny, and create comedy gold. This usually has a totally opposite result and becomes awkward to read and ruins a scene, and in some cases… the characters and plot. So depending on your ability to hit the right spot for laughs that adds to your story rather than detracting from it… it can go either way.

As a general rule… I’d say, if the scene doesn’t come naturally, then don’t add it. Don’t push for a funny scene just because you think it needs to be there. And definitely don’t use inside jokes that no one will understand.