Opinion on title sequences in Episode stories?

^ See above.

To preface: I absolutely love overlay use and advanced animations (zooms, etc.) in title sequences. It shows that the author put a lot of effort into their art and directing!

(What I mean by ‘title sequences’: warnings, splashes, title screen, etc.)

How do you guys feel about long vs short vs nonexistent title sequences? Do they impact whether or not you continue the story?

Edit: This post got flagged :(( I want to clarify that I didn’t mean to demean anyone with this post. I know you all are hardworking authors and spend a lot of time with directly and making amazing stories – so I’m really sorry if I offended anyone! I just wanted to talk about my personal preferences for title sequences…but I’m sorry again if this post didn’t come across that way!

7 Likes

I agree. To be honest, I feel the exact same way. However, it can be hard for the author to guess how long they should leave the title sequences up in order for them to be read by all readers.

2 Likes

Totally agree, the title screen shouldn’t last more than 8 seconds, and it shouldn’t take a whole minute to get on with the story. It’s so annoying honestly! :weary:

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t think you need the warnings or ”this story uses sound” after the first chapter, unless there is something new. By then, the readers already know.

4 Likes

hides in bush because I have an intro in my story

6 Likes

Yeah, when I was writing my first story, I included a title sequence that in hindsight was probably too long lol :sweat:

YES and especially if each zoom takes like 8+ seconds! D:

1 Like

I 100% agree!

XD it’s ok I’m guilty of it too tbh

1 Like

I thought I was the only one bothered by this.

1 Like