Opinions? Advice? Story Idea

Hi everyone! I’ve been thinking about story ideas. Again, not unusual. Ngl, I come up with about 5 story ideas a day. Not good…

I thought of one good one, but it might be a sensitive topic.

I was thinking of writing a story about WWII. It would be set in the US and the MC would be Japanese. During WWII, Japanese people were suspected to be spies because of Japan’s involvement with the war. Now, the MC would be very scared after her father leaves for work and never comes back. She would turn to her best friends, the LIs, Sophia and Max. Her mother left her in the care of her elderly grandmother to go look for her father. She wants to go look for her family, but she doesn’t know where to start and she has to watch her sisters, Margaret and Adley.

I haven’t really planned past that.

Would that sound like something you’d want to read or would be offensive to anyone?

1 Like

It sounds interesting. You can definitely include lil history lessons as well. What if she falls in love or becomes friends with the enemy?

1 Like

Yeah. That would be cool. I wanted to make a story with more than one LI because I wanted to try something new.

Ooh, one LI could be a person from her hometown or village, and the other could be the enemy.

1 Like

Good idea! :heart:

Bump!

I think as long as you portray it accurately without violating guidelines and you handle it with care. Research very carefully/ fact check it and don’t let any prejudices dictate your story. That doesn’t mean you can’t be creative with your story tho. I personally wouldn’t read it unless I was doing a project on WW2 because it is not something I find interesting. But I am sure there will be others who this story would interest and it could educate some. I personally never knew this and wasn’t taught that when learning about WW2. Also this is an obvious but include trigger warnings just in case.

2 Likes

Yes, I would include trigger warnings. I’ve always been a history person, especially the early 20th century, so I do have a good deal of knowledge on the topic.

2 Likes

Sounds like me! :rofl:

3 Likes

I know. :joy:
I seriously have a notebook filled with ideas.

2 Likes

This is why I have 5 stories with only one chapter each which are half-finished and of course, not yet published… my ideas come out too fast! I can relate

3 Likes

I know! I have three… okay four stories in progress, but I’ve been prioritizing my R&R entry.

2 Likes

I’ve been doing that with my entry too

2 Likes