Opinions in 2018

The term minority is highly debatable though. A minority in one area might be different from a minority in a different area.

1 Like

Okay, so discriminatory, harmful, racist, homophobic, trans-phobic, etc. comments deserve to be corrected. An opinion doesn’t make it less offensive.

1 Like

Exactly. Like for instance if you think women should have rights (say a female like me speaks to the opposite gender) and the other person says that women should stay at home, cook, clean, and raise the kids, then yeah I understand why people get frustrated and lash out. Women are people too. They have lives. If you are not going to respect the Golden Rule, you are just going to meet other people who are the same as you and are really judgemental instead of people that are trying to make you better.

3 Likes

While you do have a point, I think people have gone way overboard with political correctness

1 Like

A minority overall is a person that is:
a relatively small group of people, especially one commonly discriminated against in a community, society, or nation, differing from others in race, religion, language, or political persuasion.

So like I have said, minority groups and I stand by that,

So saying stuff to belittle minority groups is okay and it’s unfair to defend ourselves?

1 Like

Okay, but, when I say that in my neighbourhood white Christians are the ones discriminated against, people don’t believe me.

What do they say to you?

1 Like

Like seriously, it is not our job to correct the way you see things. We are not your mother. All I know is that when I grow older and if I have kids I want them to be as open as possible, so there is no having to ‘come out’ or ‘be afraid of wanting to be trans’. I will teach them to love everyone. I’ve come to understand that the people nowadays who are racist and homophobic etc, were conditioned that way when they were younger. Their parents were probably raised that way as well and don’t know any different. But when someone tries to correct their judgement, they get upset because that’s not what their used to.

2 Likes

YES! NO ASSHATS, Amen

1 Like

It’s not so much in their words as it is their actions. According to them, celebrations like Christmas and Easter shouldn’t be brought up at all

1 Like

Political Correctness is:
the avoidance, often considered as taken to extremes, of forms of expression or action that are perceived to exclude, marginalize, or insult groups of people who are socially disadvantaged or discriminated against.

To sum it up is that you are saying people who defend themselves as minority groups: Muslims, Blacks, Arabs, Indians, etc. is to demean and exclude their defending when you said something racist, oppressive, or discriminatory against them. That’s what it means.

5 Likes

That’s their opinion. I agree with them and those are their beliefs. If they harm you or hurt you, that’s crossing the line and I will defend you if they do so because that’s WRONG! Ahem–Sorry. Anyway, that’s not discriminatory if it’s not to a person. Discrimination is to a group of people, a community or person, not a holiday.

3 Likes

Hi I agree with everything you say. You spoke sister truth :kiss:

2 Likes

Some girl on Twitter said that people should put trigger warning on posts like “Like this post or have 10 years of bad luck” :skull:

1 Like

That is 100% the dictionary example of "too sensitive’

I don’t even understand… I’m like…???

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure I’d piss you off then…

I honestly just ignore those because I have scrolled past a bunch of those and nothing bad has happened-yet. Soooooo yeah… People do have free right to speech and even if it’s stupid still get to say whatever, so like, it doesn’t bother me (okay maybe it does, but only a little bit)

3 Likes

Well I don’t get that mad. I only really get pissed off when I see the person draw in front of me and they are amazing. Then when I ask what else they can draw they crumple up their drawing and throw it away, saying “I can’t draw.” UM I KNOW YOU ARE SHY BUT JUST TAKE THE DAMN COMPLIMENT AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGH

2 Likes

That’s accurately describing me…