Opinions on CC in stories…

I used to LOVE cc is some stories, but ever since I’ve started writing my own I’m just like damn! I can’t even get into it anymore. I also see why some authors don’t put cc in their stories because my god it takes up sooo much space in the code. Anyway what are some of your thoughts???:eyes:

12 Likes

CC isn’t that important, if u want to add CC go ahead, but when authors don’t include CC in their story, is because they want their characters to stay as they vision them, even when using art scenes.

9 Likes

Oof I can’t draw for shit. I can code 2,000 lines but ask me to draw a tree and I’m out :v:t5:

6 Likes

tip dont place the CC before your ready to publish, because its in the way, and also will most likely be updated

but yeah I haven’t cared for CC in ages

4 Likes

Oh my story does not have cc in it. I saw how much coding it required and actually had an Aneurysm.

2 Likes

it dont require that much, I just copy paste daras cc in, then use ctrl f to change the name

5 Likes

I put it at the end of the chapter otherwise cc just gets in the way. I usually like to change the hairstyle and lips (If the lips are round I like can’t).

1 Like

Lmao

1 Like

Keeping in mind that diversity is very important and character’s nationality/ethnicity affect the story line (even if just a bit) I’d stick to limited customization or no customization at all.
Btw, I recently came across a perfect solution.

4 Likes

Depending on the story, I will add full CC, and or limited CC. I feel it’s important to give readers a chance to want to customize themselves and make them feel more apart of the story.

However, for bigger projects and stories involving art scenes, I tend to gravitate towards no CC as I have spent money on art scenes and I want people to be able to relate to them.

It’s all about preferences for readers at the end of the day. I don’t mind CC at all, and I do usually leave the character as is, or change a few features.

5 Likes

i feel exactly the same, especially when i’m writing my story, i also used to love it, but now, i’m fine without it :woman_shrugging:t4:

2 Likes

Honestly, if an author wants to include character descriptions I’d prefer either zero or limited CC.

Even if I’m offered the option for CC, I typically stay within the character’s original coloring/look. I just change face shape, hairstyle, etc.

No CC can honestly bug me sometimes, especially if the character doesn’t look like they do in the cover or character descriptions don’t match up.

2 Likes

Exactly, like in the cover they have small lips and then in the story it’s full round

4 Likes

Fr :joy: :joy:

1 Like

I include a no, lim, full CC option in almost all my stories and basically say the pros and cons of each before allowing CC. I j think it gives the best of both worlds.

2 Likes

Not gonna lie, it’s easier to have Limited CC than Full CC for writers; too much lines it takes up!

2 Likes

I don’t mind cc in stories. I mainly prefer limited cc or none because I prefer to see the characters the way they look by the author’s vision.

1 Like

I do no CC because I try to have a diverse cast of characters in my story, to have people of all races feel included when they read. I don’t want my readers to come on my story and see 50 shades of white.

1 Like

I never use CC when I read stories (I just change a couple of features). When I started writing, I knew that all my stories were gonna have limited CC. Episode is just a form of self expression, and I like my characters to look similar to how I created them,

1 Like

I dont really care for CC, I’ll use it if it’s there but most of my favourite stories dont have any CC whatsoever. So really its up to the author

1 Like