Opinions on Characters Customization *honest feedback*

Hi, guys. I’m a new users and I need some help. So I’m currently writing my first story and from the very beginning I decided to not include the option to customize the main characters. This was not just a lazy thing, because my characters’s appearance is based not just on their heritage, that’s also really important to the story, but most of all to their background and to who they are. Also counting that there will be descriptions and art scenes implemented in every chapters.
Do you think that this choice would jeopardize the entire story?
I mean, how really important is it for you, as a reader, to customize the characters? Would you give up on the story if you couldn’t?
I need your honest opinion in this matter, I would be really grateful.

4 Likes

I don’t mind not having cc, but you have to know that many won’t read a story that doesn’t have cc

3 Likes

Thanks for your fast replay. I think I shoukd stick to my choice anyway, since it won’t make sense for the story otherwise. But I just needed more points of view. :sweat_smile:

i’ll admit i would like to have some sort of limited CC (nose shape, lip shape,and face shape) . however, if your story is well written and intrigues me, i’ll still read it despite no CC

1 Like

Be prepared to get messages about it :joy:

2 Likes

ah yes the infinite famails of can you add cc?/when do we CC?

4 Likes

Yeah, I also considered limited customization but even with that should be really limited or for example just for the love interest maybe? Idk :neutral_face:

Whatever do you guys have an insta account? I would like to follow some new people in the community. So feel free to leave it down here :smile:

1 Like

You could make them change eyes / nose / face / lips shape, warning them that they will not be the same as the art scenes
Or make them choose between limited shapes, for example if a character is a certain ethnicity

1 Like

I will read a story with no CC but I do prefer some CC and I don’t mind limited CC (nose, face shape, mouth, eyebrows) It makes me connect with the characters more.

I have struggled reading no CC stories where I really didn’t think the LI was very attractive

1 Like

A lot of stories without CC have very well developed characters and backgrounds, and that’s all I care about :man_shrugging:

Adding diversity is a huge plus point, however. If you opt for no CC, it would be much better to make the characters as part of various ethnic backgrounds, religions, as well as gender/sexual identities.

3 Likes

Personally, I don’t really care if there’s CC or not but a lot of people won’t think the same haha.

I did limited CC in a story once with just the skin color and eye color and I got a few complaints :sweat_smile:

But, it’s your choice, and make sure you’re happy with it! :heart:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I’m trying to do! :pleading_face::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

When it comes to cc, I like either full cc or no cc. I might as well be able to customize the character completely to my taste, or just have it be what the author envisioned.

1 Like

I don’t like cc, so I’ll read it

2 Likes

Yeah, this is what I prefer too. And then like in tv or cinema you don’t got to choose how they look so I guess it really depends a lot on the story itself. But since episode has a strong visual theme I thought it could be a problem. But there is plenty of stories on the app with full cc, I hope one less won’t be bothering :joy:

1 Like

not at all. I’m reading one with no cc rn

1 Like

Elira_M_Episode

1 Like

lol same

1 Like

Is this your instagram account?

1 Like

yes

1 Like