Opinions on commissions?

Hey, guys, I was thinking of doing commissions, I was wonder what you think would be a fair price for my art. (Once I get enough money I will buy a drawing tablet and do freehand art) I’m only 14 so my parents would run a Venmo/PayPal account but they have to decide if they’re gonna let me do it before anything. :blush: :yellow_heart:
Here are some examples of my work:
Untitled (1)

pfp1 untitled (2)
Untitled (2)

I realize now that i can’t use episode assets
here is some of my digital art so far:
Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 5.01.05 AM
Screenshot 2020-08-19 at 12.22.25 AM

10 Likes

I love your art!
I think prices really depend on how long it takes you to make art… so if you don’t mind me asking, about how long does it take you to do an edit?

2 Likes

depends on what they want, two people about 2 hours and 1 is about 45min-1 hour

2 Likes

hmm… I would say for a 1 person edit around $5 USD maybe and 2 people would be $8 USD ??

just a suggestion :grin:

3 Likes

wow, that’s more than I thought do you think that’s fair :scream:

2 Likes

I mean I’ve seen people asking for $30 sooo hahaha

idk it’s really up to you. Maybe I am thinking a little high (I really don’t know since I don’t pay many people for art and I don’t sell mine) but if no one is paying that much, maybe lower it a bit

good luck though with your commissions!

3 Likes

Unfortunately you can’t do commissions with episode assets (characters, backgrounds, etc) since you could get into a lot of trouble :sparkles:

24 Likes

Well I’ve done around 30 or 40 for free and I’ve never gotten paid for art but thank you

1 Like

really i didn’t know that

2 Likes

oh really :speak_no_evil:

I’ve seen lots of people do commissions with episode characters and stuff like that…

3 Likes

Yeah, a lot of people have said they’d seen others doing it but it’s written that you aren’t allowed to.

11 Likes

Oh wow. Well, it does make sense since people are kind of making money off of the character details and art that episode employees actually draw and create

4 Likes

where does it say that? in the term of service?

2 Likes

Yes :two_hearts: I believe this is the right portion.

You agree not to encumber, license, modify, publish, copy, sell, transfer, transmit or in any way exploit, any portion of the Service or Service Materials other than Your Content (as defined below), nor will you attempt to do so, except as expressly permitted in writing by Episode Interactive and, as applicable, the owner of such Service Materials (from whom you are solely responsible for obtaining permission).

“Service Materials” means all information and materials that are part of the Service, including without limitation the following: any and all copyrightable material, including software; the “look and feel” of the Service or portions thereof; the compilation, assembly and arrangement of the materials of the Service or portions thereof; photographs; graphics; artwork, characters, animations, layout; text; images; audio; video; designs; advertising copy; data; logos; domain names; trademarks, service marks, trade names and other source identifiers; and User Content.

4 Likes

oof is there a way I can do commissions without breaking the rules?

2 Likes

You’d have to have your own art style :two_hearts:

2 Likes

yes but no drawing tablet

2 Likes

I was gonna sell my edits so i could afford one

2 Likes

Some of the commission artists I know don’t have drawing tablets so it’s really up to you :sparkles:

5 Likes

How would i do it without one? do you know?

2 Likes