Opinions on Episode Opinion Accounts

That sounds a little weird but I get what you mean

Haha, what I meant is these pages shouldn’t exist at all. Nothing

Hmm, despite seeing the commotion they create, I highly doubt they feel a single thing. Plus if they felt anything they wouldn’t do it in the first place. They know damn well what the consequences would be

Well I mean if they have a really problematic story or just want to say their opinion, sure, but if they use it for death threats, or insults then that’s crossing the line.

It seems like they only feel something when people post about reporting them because they are toxic and whatnot. They immediately defend their account saying “we don’t condone bullying or hate” or “it’s not a hate account” or “these aren’t our opinions”.

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree I think it mainly comes down to how they are running the account.

1 Like

I dislike tea/opinion pages like the shaderoom because they post people they know going to get picked on/bullied.

Now some opinion pages I don’t dislike but it seems to me many people be on opinion pages leaving comments about situations and adding there input but as soon as they or there friend get posted they be quick to get mad and report the page. Like you can’t get mad if your in the comments on opinion pages picking and saying things about others that get posted then want to cry and get mad because you or your friend got posted.

I really dislike opinion pages but if there just spreading awareness and bringing light to certain things then I have no problem with it.

2 Likes

If they want to spread awareness or bring something to light, they should change their name from opinions to something relating to their content. It doesn’t make sense to be an opinions account if you are posting about serious topics to spread awareness.

1 Like

Not all opinion pages have the word opinion in it and no matter what they change they name too if they post something like spreading awareness about an account that’s bullying others or something about music someone is going to have an opinion about it regardless of what they post that’s just how society is now.

I get that. I guess I was trying to say that it would be great if they were mindful of what they post, specifically posts about others.

Yeah I agree. The shade room is definitely one of the most messiest tea/opinion pages there is! But the episode opinions/confessions mainly are calling out authors who are in the wrong and don’t want to own up to it, it be other authors/readers that attack them (who the confession is about) but sometimes they (episode opinion pages) know what they be doin

Do you agree or disagree with what these accounts are doing?
I’m really not partial either way. I think it’s mildly amusing to watch strangers argue over the internet, but can see how sometimes people take it a bit too far. I’m pretty even tempered, and it takes a lot for me to feel strongly towards something one way or another, so I don’t really have much of an opinion about these accounts.

Do you think they stay true to what they say they are?
Ha, no. They’re honestly just yellow journalism or clickbait to get people to argue in the comments.

What opinions should not be posted?
I think it goes a step too far when the post ecourages speculation on an author’s character or morals. It boarders on slander/defamation of character, which is a real thing you could get in serious trouble for.

Do you ever think those who sent in posts will ever post them as themselves (not anonymous)?
No, which is a bit silly if you think about it. A bunch of strangers posting anonymous submissions to conceal their fake, episode-related identity.

3 Likes

Yes! I do think these accounts need to remember defamation is a real thing. That’s why it’s important to take the time to know what you are posting about someone because they could get in some real trouble, whether they think so or not.

1 Like

I honestly believe they know it will cause drama, but post because that’s what they want and because they’re anonymous they cannot face any consequences such as bans or suspensions. They also seem to think “these are not our opinions” is a valid reason for the drama they create and therefore a justification as to why nothing is their fault when it was their choice to post or not.
Drama brings them more followers, comments and reach at the expense of someone else, but they don’t seem to care.

If the shoe was on the other foot, I’m sure they’d reconsider.

4 Likes

You’re saying exactly what I’m thinking! I completely agree.

1 Like

I don’t like them and I don’t think they’re particularly helpful in addressing issues in stories or within the community. I do think we have the right to discuss our concerns, and even have the right to do it publicly, but the context of who wrote the story, what was in the story, what their initial response was, etc does matter and the posts on these types of pages removes that context.

I do think a lot of the people who submit posts as well as the account owners are quite young, so I’m often not surprised by the lack of nuance. But contrary to what people might believe about me, I actually don’t think there’s many things that are black & white about what’s appropriate for the app or, more importantly, how we respond to concerns and criticism. I also find the values of pages that are meant to “expose” people to be wildly inconsistent. It doesn’t mean they aren’t well-intentioned, necessarily, but again the larger context around who’s doing what matters.

I also think when there are actions that need to be taken for accountability, there’s just a lot of nonsense in the comments from people who don’t have details of what happened and call everything asking someone to take responsibility for a mistake “bullying.” Then there’s also a lot of unhelpful comments like threats that don’t contribute to the conversation in any meaningful way.

Overall, I think there are more productive ways of having conversations about our opinions, concerns, etc, and in fact the forums is a good place for a lot of that discussion since the larger issues apply across the app as a whole and not just to specific authors and stories.

4 Likes

Honestly they suck and only call out authors for drama and attention to feed their ever growing ego. Some of them are selective too.

1 Like

They’re unnecessary imo. There are ways to call out an author indirectly without completely “exposing” them. All exposing them does is incite bullying, cause-- let’s be real-- the only reason these accounts exists is for people to have something to be mad at and someone to take their anger out on. It’s not really for real discussions. 🤷

2 Likes
  1. Do you agree or disagree with what these accounts are doing?

I don’t agree at all with these accounts, and what if they post something again that includes misinformation about an author? Hm? That’s their fault.

1. Do you think they stay true to what they say they are?

No, they don’t.

1. What opinions should not be posted?

Opinions about authors, their personal life, their conditions, their stories, misinformation about them, etc.

1. Do you ever think those who sent in posts will ever post them as themselves (not anonymous)?

Maybe, because honestly, I can’t stand opinion/tea pages, because when someone comments something stupid on that post, then that’s where the whole drama comes in. I’ve dealt with one of these pages before yesterday, and I don’t like it at all.

Instead of people creating opinion pages, create pages that bring positivity to authors/community like:

1. Ask good questions about anything related to Episode.
  2. Giving good tips/advice about anything to authors.
  3. Things to do/don’t do when writing a story.
  4. What should Episode maybe include that we don’t have.
  5. Talk about cultural clothing/assets, and why they are important.
  6. Giving directing tips, script templates, etc.
  7. Grammar help.
  8. Promoting author’s stories.
  9. Talk about diversity.
  10. Creating backgrounds/overlays for the community to use with credits.

Anything that authors struggle with or need, there’s a page that can help. You know? Like come on, this community needs to do better. Opinion pages need to stop, and I mean stop. If you see one, block and report, that’s it.

2 Likes

Preach!

1 Like