Opinions on Mafia Stories on Episode? 🤔

Hey guys, I’m currently working a story which may very well entail the overall theme of mafia. So I just want to know what are somethings that you enjoyed or hated in stories you’ve previously read or come across?

Also don’t be ashamed to say how you’re feeling. We’re all here to express ourselves and enjoy reading at the same time.

So put your thoughts & opinions down below, where we can discuss further.

-Kayla :heart:

14 Likes

I hate the cliche “kidnapped by the LI” or people romanticizing it. In real life it’s nothing like that.

20 Likes

Inform yourself. The great majority of episode stories that talk about “mafia” don’t even realize what that word means
And as an Italian, it hurts

20 Likes

purrrrr

ugh this is so. true.

5 Likes

I wrote a mafia story just because I got bored all those cliches. Like, the girl is so naive and good but the love interest’s job is killing people. And the girl so vulnerable so innocent… I’m not sure there are such people in the 21st century anymore. :roll_eyes:
As for kidnapped cliches… It’s Stockholm syndrome.
I don’t think many people understands what mafia really does…

14 Likes

Not a fan

8 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

I feel you babe. But the way I’m writing this particular story…it’s gonna be so exciting just filled with plot twist till the very end. :sleepy:

6 Likes

If I see mafia in the description or story, I’m out.

15 Likes

It’s very cliché, but I enjoy it and I’ve decided to write one last year. HOWEVER, I made sure I wasn’t romanticizing whole “mafia” job and LI who (who was forcefully made to work against his own will didn’t like it either.) I try to not give job itself much attention because from what I’ve seen from other authors, they glamorize it like it’s “hot” to be dangerous mafia leaders girlfriend. But, at the end of the day what can we do? Those things are what attract reads anyway.

2 Likes

Lol :rofl: I can relate sweetie

2 Likes

I understand you 100% my dear and that’s really what we’re all trying to accomplish here to get readers. So yeah mafia is such an annoyingly overused trope in the community. Honestly speaking I’ve read my fair share of heartless, cold, aggressive and extremely rude alpha male stories, cause to me honestly it’s the same storyline rewritten by different authors from different age brackets, from different places on planet earth with just different (or more uglier) characters lol. :no_mouth: :sweat_smile:

ABSOLUTELY NO SHADE TO ANYONE K. :pleading_face:

2 Likes

Ehhh I’m ok with mafia stories. There are a good handful out there that I’ve read in the past, but it’s extremely overused and sometimes problematic (or just plain cringe). I don’t read mafia stories anymore, but I barely read any romance stories in general now lol

5 Likes

unless the mc is a badass girl, i usually quit. i hate stories where the mafia boss falls for our average mc and wants to protect her, or when they are trapped in a relationship or some crap. badass female leads in mafia stories are awesome though!

7 Likes

I used to love them but now that’s all I see on the trending stories I might read one but if it’s about kidnapping I’m out.

4 Likes

Im really getting tired of always seeing mafia in the romance section, every sing time I go there and look at the description “hot sexy mafia boss” I’m out these story’s are trending and some people might not realise how problematic it may be the worst thing is that they don’t even show mafia how it truly is

6 Likes

I hate constantly seeing my normal MC fall for the man who kidnapped her, treats her like crap, and always undermines her. And all this because he gave her a ‘sexy nickname’ or because he’s got ‘a toned body with abs’. Ughhhh, I mean , the hell? Dude literally kidnapped you, and in most cases, the MC who started out kind and innocent turns into a hot mafia queen, but I don’t get it. Like, is it trying to say that the MC as a kind and innocent person wasn’t appealing or attractive, and she had to change into a ruthless person to be ‘hot’ or ‘sexy’? Mafia is over-romanticized now.

This wasn’t targeting anyone, I just felt the need to let it out of my chest. I’m really sorry if I offended someone! :weary: :pleading_face:

8 Likes

@Jade135 & @Aria.epi

Sorry for the late reply…thanks for joining the discussion…I once again I have to agree it’s honestly a bit annoying and cringey to me at this point. :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Thanks to everyone who gave their little input you’ve shed a little light on how something in my story should be shifted or maybe just to completely avoided. :heart:

I really can’t wait to it share it with you…just a heads up it’s female MC so I just suggest you give me a chance I promise that I won’t f*ck it up. :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, love!

1 Like

I do hate most Mafia stories because they’re all cliche, cringy and just all the same, i wish they had different concepts and not just the guys a heartless mafia leader and the girls just a normal goody two shoes. When the guys being an ass to the girl its annoying as hell because WHY DO YOU FALL FOR HIM, he’s a rude a**hole, is it just because he got a 8-pack and power? AND WHEN THE GUYS LIKE 10 YEARS OLDER- I JUST NO, mAfiA sUgA dAdDy, dude like the guys old enough to be the girls parent-. A lot of people have talked about the kidnapping phase thing, thats just plain out crap- HE KIDNAPPED HER, how does she feel attraction to someone who can literally kill her? It just doesn’t make sense to me-. When the girls a baddie and has a equalized role to the LI it makes me feel better, cause the girl can do whatever the hell she wants and doesn’t need pROteCTiOn, that’s why I really liked reading Beat Again, it may of had a few minor things i didn’t really enjoy but overall it was real good. This is just my opinion, i’m not targeting anyone, because i do understand they put real hardwork into they’re stories, this is what i felt and i really wanted to share, I’m incredibly sorry if i’m offending anyone!

3 Likes