Opinions on physical abuse in stories, specifically the use of the slapping animation on other characters

Before I start, I must say I am completely against physical abuse against both male and females, this post is not to give opinions on physical abuse but an animation available to writers.

The topic I am here to discuss is the slapping of female and male characters within stories. The ‘slap’ animation is available so writers can code so that characters can slap anyone, female characters slap female characters, females slap males, males slap males and males can slap females.

I’ve never seen within episode stories (that I’ve read) an author code so that a male character would slap a female, I’ve seen all other combinations.

What I would like to know is, what is your opinion on male characters slapping female characters, or females slapping male characters? Have you seen it in any stories, if so what was the purpose of it? Was it to demonstrate physical abuse as being a horrid thing or was it just glossed over? I personally wouldn’t have this interaction in any of my stories, physical abuse is a dreadful thing in any form. understand the slap animation is often used for comedy purposes, so I may be taking this too deep, as when some characters slap others it isn’t meant to be taken as physical abuse. What’s your opinion slapping of the opposite sexes in episode stories?

11 Likes

I think thats horrible

1 Like

what is your opinion on male characters slapping female characters?

honestly, it sickens me when male slap a female character…

Have you seen it in any stories, if so how was it handled?

Yep, my story, well it was a chocie, and it wasnt really handled.

What’s your opinion slapping of the opposite sexes in episode stories?

physical abuse, i really do hate it, and its just sad, and painful.

2 Likes

I agree with you 100%. I would never be able to code it for one of my stories, but I could understand if it was used in a mature story to demonstrate physical abuse as being a horrible thing.

2 Likes

yep!

1 Like

What the hell is this? So its ok for a female to slap a male for a “comedic” effect but god forbid a male slapping female? This is disgusting. Youre not helping anyone by separating physical abuse.

3 Likes

This makes me uncomfortable.

Unfortunately, I’ve seen it in many stories. Most of the time it’s to show why MC’s boyfriend is bad, or why her home life being bad (dad hitting daughter). But the one time I was made to feel really uncomfortable by a story was when I had a choice as the male to either slap or punch a female character. It was a romance story and it didn’t make sense for that to be in there at all.

5 Likes

shes just giving her view on what she thinks about it. Everyone has their opinions to say whether it is good or not. Bear in mind, that yeah u have girl slapping a boy, and boy slapping a girl in stories. thats how the author wants it to be in their story.

1 Like

and by the way…she IS helping…dont be rude, come on, were not here for drama. Were here to see EVERYONES OPINION ON THIS TOPIC.

2 Likes

Shes literally erasing people who are being or been abused! Its not a female male situation, its a victim/abuser thing!

1 Like

Oh good lord…

1 Like

Open your damn eyes. You will understand what this means to people who have been through this toxic relationship. This is disgusting

I think you’ve misunderstood. I’m saying I never think it’s alright for opposite sexes physically assault each other. I never use the slapping animation in my stories, especially not for comedic effect. I was wondering if any users had seen physical abuse in any stories, and whether it was used for comedic effect or to demonstrate physical assault as being a horrid thing.

4 Likes

You know what, im done talking, let @LillyR, explain to u or whatever the thread is about then.

1 Like

Perhaps there is a way you can express your thoughts on this in a constructive way. You could make this a great discussion, but not by attacking the OP

4 Likes

If you really wanted to learn if people have seen abuse, you wouldve named the title “Characters slapping characters” not “males slapping females” you clearly are separating them

1 Like

boom! Facts

1 Like

I apologise for titling the thread as male slapping females, I realise this was wrong as physical abuse occurs in many different ways. I should have titled it ‘opinions in physical abuse in stories, specifically the use of the slapping animation on other characters.’

1 Like

I hope you all see how this affects survivors. Not all people make it out of abuse. FEMALE OR MALE.

Im done with this.

@LillyR everyone makes mistakes hun . So, dont worry.

1 Like