Opinions on recaps!

Hey! I’m writing a story and I was just wondering what people think about having the option to have a little flash back from the previous at the beginning of a new episode. If you could give me your opinion I would totally appreciate it!!

Like a recap?

1 Like

i like flashbacks!

1 Like

I ike it if it is not too long…especaly if it is new stor and I have to wait for new chapters it is good to get reminded what was going on.jut is should not be too long.

1 Like

I think flashbacks are always great to give more info to the reader. Make sure it is important to your story and what will be happening throughout. Also, add some effects to make it clear it’s a flashback, like a filter.

1 Like

Flashbacks are awesome. Make it kind of short —so it should only take up around 100 lines???

1 Like

Yes!! I couldn’t think of the word when I was writing this😂

Good idea. I didn’t know how long to make them. Thank you!!!

1 Like

Good point

Thank you!!

Thank you so much. I’ll do that!

Make sure they are not constantly repeated as well.

1 Like

I think they’re good additions (especially if the author takes a while to update) to help the readers. If you’d like to add them, I’d definitely say

• Keep them short, this is a re-cap, not a re-telling of the story
  • Highlight the most important part of the last 1-2 episodes (either important bits of dialog, an importent choice the character made, the cliffhanger of the last episode, etc)
  • Make it optional! There is nothing worse than having to just click through stuff you already know.
    That’s all the tips I’ve got.
2 Likes

Ooo those are good points. Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Ok! Thanks!!

What I see a lot of authors do is give the reader the option for a recap, and if the reader chooses not to, they can continue the story without that little recap.

I think that way is nice because sometimes when you’re just binge-reading chapters you don’t want to waste your precious time on a recap, when other times, you get back to a story you haven’t read in a while and in need of a good refresher.:blush:

1 Like

That’s true. That actually happened to me today when I was binge-reading😂