Opinions on the MC being guilty?

Hi lovelies!
I’m thinking of writing a thriller episode story because I freaking love mysteries. I also love plot twists, especially at the end of a story. How do you guys feel about a murder mystery where you find out that the MC is the actual murderer at the end? Would it being intriguing to you all, or do you feel like it’s too dark or too cliché?

4 Likes

Well it depends on how you make the story out to be

It’s pretty risky becuase it can be one of those plot twists nobody buys and complains about … You know the plot twist that’s put inside a story just so there can be a plot twist, instead of making an intriguing story,
But if you do it really good, then the story is gonna be a bomb!

I suggest you watch a few youtube vidoes where people complain about twist endins or plot twists jsut so you get the idea what to avoid

1 Like

I agree with the comment above

2 Likes

Okay thanks, that’s super helpful! I’ll make sure to check those out!

[/spoiler]

1 Like

@turtlelover1025

I suggest watching this videos

But be ready for some spoilers, spoilers don’t usually bother me, but if it’s a plot twist that’s a big part of the story then it bothers me

2 Likes

Thanks for the warning, I really appreciate it! Knives Out actually inspired me to write a thriller/plot twist story! It’s so unexpected!

1 Like

I feel like that would be super interesting. I would definitely read a story like that. It’s like the ultimate betrayal for the reader since the reader will be most attach to the MC

3 Likes

Thanks! That’s the mood I was gunning for :joy:

1 Like

Omg I think I have a suggestion

Near the end of the story, people are more and more confused by the evidence and some of it point out to the MC not the BF (best friend in future reference). Then they’re confused if it’s the MC or the BF who did it, and at the end she can have more than 2 choices. Either MC tells the truth after she learns it and thus saves her friend or she saves herself and lets her friend go to jail … OR when everybody is confused who did it she can attempt to gaslight everybody into thinking it’s neither one of them and the evidence is “obviously” faked in an attempt to frame them.

Ohhh you could also add a third character which is either a private investigator for one of the characters or something else but still his job is to investigate her and her friend and he has some respect and his word is trusted. You could make him a possible ally or even a LI so based on the character points the MC has with him, if she chooses to gaslight people, he will say “I have reason to believe at least one piece of the evidence was faked.” if he is an a LI and he will also fake a piece of evidence for her to say “yeah this is the reason to believe her word I was talking about.”; if he’s an ally he will do the same except he won’t fake the evidence, if they’re on natural grounds (meaning they know each other but they’re neither friendly nor in love, nor do they hate each other, they just know each other) in this case he will owe nothing to her and helping her would compromise his moral values while in other scenarios he would struggle between morality and love and would have to find a compromise where he helps her but doesn’t do too much damage to his sense of morality or his job by doing it (that’s why he does so little for her in this case scenario) so in the case they’re just acquintances he would say “I can neither confirm nor deny miss. MCs claims” because he himself couldn’t with certainty say if the evidece could’ve been faked or not; but if they’re enemies then he would tell the judges “Miss MC inestigated the death herself because she couldn’t belive her friend did it, but upon investigating she found evidence pointing to her. When she realised it was her who did it, she started panickingly faking evidence to make her claim today plausible.” I believe if he hated her he would also be suspicious of her and start diggin more about her and not her friend and would find this. The “she was faking evidence” wouldn’t be mentioned in any other ending but this one as to not make it confusing.

What do you think?

2 Likes

Holy frick you are a literal genius, I was just going to have a sus character end up being an accidental witness and the MC just blocked out the act, BUT HAVING AN INVESTIGATOR adds so much more depth and makes the reader so much more unsure about the authenticity of the mc

1 Like

Btw could you help me with my story? I’m making a man whose name has to be something that’s either Ancient Greek or a name of a star named by Ancient Greeks that fits his character’s personality.

He’s recourceful and I found the name of the god of plenty but that name is just ugly and would be a waste for such a hot character

He’s also caring, but not a saviour as the name I previously gave him Soter would suggest

1 Like

Definitely! Let me go search some up!

1 Like

You can also dab into Latin and Mayan names if you wish, because both Latin and Mayan is what consists of this fake world I created, but he is born in the Greek part of the world

1 Like

Any plot twist is a good plot twist, but um if I were to read this when you would possibly release this, you may have just spoiled it :joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Dang you right lmao, I should probably take the whole plot thing down, and we can pretend that never happened? :joy::joy:

1 Like

What never happened? :thinking: :shushing_face: :wink:

1 Like

I’ll put a few names and what they’re related to!
Calix- literally means handsome lol
Adonis - he was Aphrodite’s lover
Astro- of stars
Flavian - bond
Obelius- pillar of strength
Xander - protector

1 Like

You got me lol, I’ll totally let you know when it’s out so you totally can be surprised by a totally awesome plot twist​:joy::joy:

1 Like

Cool thanks! And I’ll never see it coming :fearful: :+1:t4:

1 Like

Xander as protector! Perfect! Even thought the description protector doesn’t express his best quality, it shows of the quality that you get to learn about him

1 Like