Opinions on the new Gillette ad

Ok so i’m sure everyone’s seen or heard the new ad but i just want to hear everyone’s thoughts and opinions on it. i think it’s an ad that needed to happen but i don’t understand why there’s so much backlash? personally i’ve been in some really uncomfortable and scary situations that involve toxic masculinity and i’ve had guys go against my word when i say no so i’m glad that now hopefully men get the message that it’s not the women who need to protect themselves better but it’s the men who need to learn respect and i know it’s not all men don’t get me wrong but i think it’s 1 too many. but yeah i want to hear everyone’s thoughts and opinions

5 Likes

I think the video has a beautiful, deep message which is pretty rare in the ads we see nowadays (propaganda everywhere…).
I’ve never seen the ad before but the first impression was :+1:

4 Likes

I personally loved it. I thought it spread a great message and was hopeful.

2 Likes

I actually like it a lot. It has a nice message.

2 Likes

It was cute?(if thts a good way to put it)
I dont get ppls outburst to it…its stupid
And it was positive message

2 Likes

as a gay guy that was really moving and deeply personal, ive had to deal with toxic masculinity my entire life and i just love the message that men should just be mature and respectful toward any human being. For any men reading this, this isn’t meant to feminize you at all. Masculine qualities include strength, courage, leadership. etc. These are all good things that should be taught. The way masculinity is right now is just immature and downright skewed on how guys should interact with the world.

5 Likes

I like it, I think the men offended by it and saying “they are attributing toxicity to masculinity” are misinterpreting the point.

I kinda laughed at the fact that Gillette are actually removing dislikes, I wonder how many dislikes it would have otherwise :thinking:.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.