Opinions: Tik Tok

What do you think of tik tok? I think it’s a great platform for content sharing, but “tik tok celebrities” are pointless and shouldn’t be as celebrated as we make them. Tik Tok is great in that it allows artists like Beene to gain fans, but I honestly don’t care about Charli and those other celebrities, and it pains me that they receive so much unnecessary attention. Real artists deserve better.

What do you think?

20 Likes

Tik Tok is honestly extremely annoying :woman_facepalming:t4:
Tik Tok “celebrities” and definitely overhyped and it’s ridiculous.

8 Likes

:woman_shrugging:t4::unamused:

1 Like

tik tok is very toxic and a lot of people do insane things just to get clout. it’s really sad :((

7 Likes

Not a fan. I used to be on musical.ly which was somehow less cringeworthy than tiktok :woman_facepalming:t3:

I also don’t understand how the tiktok “celebrities” even got famous. By doing the renegade and other things that resemble dancing? The only good thing that has come from tiktok is ratatouille the musical

10 Likes

I use TikTok but none of the “celebs”” are ever on my for you page so idc

2 Likes

Tik Tok influencers like Charli are kinda annoying- :confused:

6 Likes

I agree with you.
I personally love tik tok. It has great content for me to pass my time like those funny relatable tik toks or those cute couple tik toks thatMakeOthersFeelLonleyAF.

and yeah the fact that tik tok is a full blown career for some ppl who dont deserve it is kinda annoying. what the fish is hype house like yall-

3 Likes

FR! I’m a pregnant college student who works a lot harder than those teenagers ever have and makes a fraction of what they do. Work and talent deserve rewards, not privilege and looks :woman_shrugging:
And for people who say those teenagers are talented, yes they can tik tok dance, but does that really merit everything they get? Yes, I’m drowning in student debt, and yes I am resentful :)) If I could make 100k for uploading a thirty second clip of me eating cake, my life and my child’s life would be easier. But no, I’m not attractive, and so I’m doomed to work my butt off to barely make anything. We loooooove celebrity culture.

4 Likes

AGREE! Ratatouille the musical is God’s gift to Earth.

1 Like

OMGG!! YESSS!!! that is so goddamn true. I still don’t see the point of them making money to just dance. what bout those people who sing and dance on the streets. They have so much more talent yet people like tik tok celebs make wayyy more money for just prancing on screen!!

4 Likes

It makes me sick. And that may seem petty or immature, but it’s just so stupid and unfair. What did they do to deserve their success? Especially when real talented people work so much harder? I’m honestly terrified to have to raise a kid in the age of social media. It’s so toxic. It reminds me constantly that even though I’m in my dream major and am doing everything I wanted, I’m never going to be as happy or successful as some idiotic teenager who throws their hands around and winks at a camera. It must be the cramps, I have no idea why I’m so upset :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

True!!
And I totally get what you mean by social media being toxic like tf is cancelling someone like shut up please!!

1 Like

Thank you! Cancel culture had a lot of potential as a social movement that could hold all celebrities accountable for what they say. It would’ve promoted education and the promotion of correct information. Now, it’s petty an pointless. No, snapchat, I simply don’t care that a teenager ate her dino nuggets. I want to message my friends. Oh wait- don’t have any of those!

i want pickles

3 Likes

am i the only one that didn’t have tik tok here :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

5 Likes

exactly.

But people spread hate on tiktok, saying itbs vey cringy and disgusting and youtube is wayyy better than that trash hole. But youtube also has cringy videos right? dont focus on the stupid videos bcz there are a lot of good videos on tiktok. especially tiktok is great app for the newbie singers :blush:

I dont use tiktok tho :joy:

4 Likes

I agree they give tiktok stars roles in movies and stuff because they have clout but like what about the people who work so hard to get roles in movies or other things and actually have to do work. all they do is dance to a song like its dumb like artists should get more notice

3 Likes

my thoughts exactly. i don’t think tik tok celebrities are bad people, and i wish them no misfortune, but i wish the opportunities that they get would go to more deserving people.

2 Likes

i love tik tok but hate it at the same time !

WHY I LIKE TIK TOK

• people make funny relatable videos!
  • cute couple posts
  • GLOW UP POSTS
  • i like the dances, but idkkk

WHY I DON’T LIKE TIK TOK

• its kinda overateddddd
  • I HATE HOW PEOPLE LIKE CHARLI GET FAMOUS JUST FOR MOVING THERE ARMS AROUND FOR A FEW SECONDS LIKE SIS I CAN DO THAT TOO
  • its toxic.
  • people get judged a lot
  • its based off of popularity
  • a lot of people who are actual GOOD content creators are underrated and don’t get noticed enough in my opinion :((

TEAM MUSICAL.LY FOREVERRRR THOSE WERE THE DAYS AND THEY HAD THE BEST VIBES!!! :two_hearts: :two_hearts: :raised_hand:t2:

3 Likes

I mean it’s not the worse thing in the world but some of the trends from what I’ve seen can get pretty bad. Don’t care too much about the cringe. I know the people on those tiktoks are prolly good people irl but tbh the popular creators are usually wayyy too overrated.

4 Likes