Outfits on Episode story covers

Hi! So I’m going to commission a new cover for my story and I was wondering if I can ask the artist to do any outfit of my choosing for the characters (as long as it’s appropriate and not NSFW) or does Episode rejects covers that don’t feature their own outfits? I feel like I read it somewhere once that you could only use Episode outfits when commissioning artwork, but I’m not sure.

1 Like

They can do any outfit even if they think it’s “interpropriate“ because you are paying for the work exactly how you want

2 Likes

I don’t mean the artist might reject my request, I mean Episode might reject the story cover because it doesn’t feature one of their outfits. Do you know if that happens?

1 Like

no, i’m quite sure that it’s actually the opposite. there are rules on using episode-created assets, and i believe you aren’t allowed to commission art with outfits that episode has created.

2 Likes

Really? Because I’ve seen plenty of covers with Episode outfits… But also some without :sweat_smile: well, thank you anyway!

1 Like

Okay so you can use episode outfits for commissioned art covers and you can use non episode related outfits. It’s really up to you.

If you think about it, the outfit won’t even look exactly like episodes so it’s basically
Like you are making your own outfit but using episodes fits as a reference

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the conclusion I got to as well… But better safe asking before commissioning than sorry haha thank you for your input and help! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I don’t know if this will help but my cover doesn’t have episode based outfits and it still got approved

1 Like

I think it depends on if you’re only going to use the commission for your episode story or not. If you’re only using it for your episode story, you can have whatever outfit you want, even ones based off of the episode clothes, but if you’re planning to use it outside of episode on other platforms, it best to avoid having a commission with episode clothes because those are their assets.

1 Like

It’s helpful, yes. Thank you!

That makes sense, yeah. I’m going to use it only on Episode, so what worried me is that maybe they only wanted their own assets used for covers but from what I gathered here that isn’t the case so I’ll choose any outfit I like. Thank you for helping! :relaxed:

1 Like

I don’t have Episode outfits on 3/4 of my story covers, and I’m still here lmao, so I think it’s fine

1 Like