Outfits question

so i’m creating an episode story and i just have one question about the outfits. in every episode story, every character has a different outfit in like every different scene and every different chapter (which makes sense bc it’s more realistic that way). does that mean that by the finale of the story, the author has like thousands of separate outfits created in the outfit list? i mean, it just seems really tedious and exhausting to come up with so many different outfits for a single episode.

do authors use some sort of shortcut or do they really end up with millions of outfits in their outfit list?

4 Likes

Millions of outfits indeed :rofl: I try and organise them by character and choosing option

MC_coffee1
MC_coffee2
MC_coffee3
MC_theater1
etc.

3 Likes

millions of outfits :pensive: as abinaya said i just do
mc_standard_0
mc_standard_1
^ that’s for their everyday clothes
and if it’s for background characters i just do
zz_standard_female_0
^ and so on so it’s at the bottom

2 Likes

You don’t have to make a million different outfits for each episode, especially if that overwhelms you. Instead, create several options for each character and occasion (label who the outfits are for, unless some of your characters share a style) and cycle through the different outfits during the story. Just avoid using the same outfit too often, and you’ll be good.

I definitely recommend making outfits you’ll actually use first, as you can end up with too many to use. Only make new outfits if you need them.

Hope this helps! : )

1 Like

I usually do like character name_naked or character name_chapter1scene1 whatever makes it easier for me to remember :sob:

3 Likes

I love your approach to namint outfits - it’s all about simplicity and practicality!