Outro coding help

Ok so I am trying to create a outro where people can tap either bonus content and take them too the
main menu page

and hit the tappable overlays which leads them too either

Or hit Next to goto the next episode

anyone who can help me how to do this I will be thankful for your help!!

and Here is the template I have so far:

@pause for a beat
@transition fade out black in 1
@zoom on 320 454 to 100% in 0
EXT.END_CREDITS with BONUS with NEXTEPISODEB
@overlay NEXTEPISODEB shifts to -128 -77 in zone 1 AND overlay NEXTEPISODEB scales to 0.599 0.599
@overlay BONUS shifts to -77 312 in zone 1 AND overlay BONUS scales to 0.503 0.503

tappable
“BONUS”{

goto BONUS
}“NEXTEPISODEB”{

goto NEXTEPISODEB
}

label NEXTEPISODEB
@pause for a beat
INT. BLACK - NIGHT

NARR
If you like this story please give this story some love by saving it to your favorites!

NARRATOR
Would you like to support the author?

choice (support_author)
GEMS:5 “Absolutely! 5 Gems for you!” {
NARRATOR
You are amazing! Thank you for your support!

}GEMS:8"Absolutely! 8 Gems for you!"{
NARRATOR

} GEMS:12 “Absolutely! 12 Gems for you!” {
NARRATOR

} “No, thank you.” {
NARRATOR
No worries! Thank you for reading!

}

label BONUS
EXT.MENU with CREDITSB with SOCIALMEDIAB with UPDATEB with MAINMENUB
@pause for a beat
@overlay CREDITSB shifts to -164 333 in zone 1 AND CREDITSB scales to 0.490 0.490
@overlay MAINMENUB shifts to -58 -66 in zone 1 AND MAINMENUB scales to 0.462 0.462
@overlay SOCIALMEDIAB shifts to -94 210 in zone 1 AND SOCIALMEDIAB scales to 0.523 0.523
@overlay UPDATEB shifts to 2 332 in zone 1 AND UPDATEB scales to 0.486 0.486

label ENDCREDITS

tappable
“CREDITSB”{

goto CREDITSB
}“SOCIALMEDIAB”{

goto SOICALMEDIAB
}“UPDATEB”{

goto UPDATEB
}“MAINMENUB”{

goto MAINMENUB
}

label CREDITSB
@transition fade in black in 1
EXT.CREDITSBG
@pause for a beat
readerMessage (Tap when finish reading)
goto CREDITSB

label SOCIALMEDIAB
EXT.SOICALMEDIA
@pause for a beat
goto SOICALMEDIAB

label UPDATEB
EXT.SOICALMEDIA
@pause for a beat
goto UPDATEB

label MAINMENUB
@pause for a beat
goto ENDCREDITS

@J.Miley do you know what I am doing wrong bc i keep getting errors and labels that doesn’t exist?

The code looks perfect I think, there is an issue? U created amazing graphics,as i am also creating my overlays and backgrounds, i imagine how hard u work…coding, design and ideas…in the end u wrote Tap when finsih reading. Change into finish

Except it’s giving me that this label doesn’t exists error and can’t figure out how it giving that type of error?

Can u give me the name of the label that creates error? Did u spell it wrong? Maybe u should check again

Did u type all your background names correctly? Also just my opinion,I think when u write &overlay in the beginning of the scene, maybe it made an error, but i am not sure

Yep, the backgrounds names are correct. I will see if that’s the problem.

1 Like

Moved to Directing Help and Tips since this is about coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

Still looking at the script, but why are you going to the label that it’s posted under. If there was no error, this would just create a never ending loop.

The goto and label do not match. SocialMedia is spelled different in the label than in the goto. The labels and goto have to be spelled exactly the same.

This only works if you have something preventing the script from automatically moving on. The readerMessage is just a toaster that pops up. I usually add a Narrative box with 0% speechbubble because otherwise, it will goto the label and keep repeating over and over.

Example:
label CREDITSB
EXT.CREDITSBG
@pause for a beat
@speechbubble is 191 236 to 0%
NARRATOR
Tap to continue.
goto CREDITSB ← You need to put a different Goto here because this will just make it repeat over and over. This would be your main menu or whatever you want the reader to see after they’ve seen this screen.

I see what you mean. I have the next episode branch working well, it’s the bonus content page is giving me issues bc idk how to get my branching correct when people hit the soical media, credit, update schedule overlays and after done reading it takes takes them back to the menu page and hitting the main menu overlay takes you to the title page with bonus content or next episode overlays.

Bc how do I get my main menu overlay go back to title page

I have made some changes below, but see note at bottom.

label MAINMENUB - So this creates an issue, because this sends you back to end credits, so I don’t see where readers are ever able to end the story.

@pause for a beat
label EXTMENU
EXT.END_CREDITS with BONUS with NEXTEPISODEB
@overlay NEXTEPISODEB shifts to -128 -77 in zone 1 AND overlay NEXTEPISODEB scales to 0.599 0.599
@overlay BONUS shifts to -77 312 in zone 1 AND overlay BONUS scales to 0.503 0.503

tappable
“NEXTEPISODEB”{

goto NEXTEPISODEB
}“BONUS”{

goto BONUS
}

label BONUS
label ENDCREDITS
EXT.MENU with CREDITSB with SOCIALMEDIAB with UPDATEB with MAINMENUB
@pause for a beat
@overlay CREDITSB shifts to -164 332 in zone 1 AND overlay CREDITSB scales to 0.490 0.490
@overlay MAINMENUB shifts to -59 -65 in zone 1 AND overlay MAINMENUB scales to 0.462 0.462
@overlay SOCIALMEDIAB shifts to -95 211 in zone 1 AND overlay SOCIALMEDIAB scales to 0.523 0.523
@overlay UPDATEB shifts to 6 334 in zone 1 AND overlay UPDATEB scales to 0.480 0.480

tappable
“CREDITSB”{

goto CREDITSB
}“SOCIALMEDIAB”{

goto SOCIALMEDIAB
}“UPDATEB”{

goto UPDATEB
}“MAINMENUB”{

goto MAINMENUB
}

label CREDITSB
EXT.CREDITSBG
@pause for a beat
NARRATOR
Tap to continue.

goto ENDCREDITS

label SOCIALMEDIAB
EXT.SOICALMEDIA
@pause for a beat
NARRATOR
Tap to continue.

goto ENDCREDITS

label UPDATEB
EXT.UPDATEBG
@pause for a beat
NARRATOR
Tap to continue.

goto ENDCREDITS

label MAINMENUB
@pause for a beat
goto EXTMENU

label NEXTEPISODEB
@pause for a beat
INT. BLACK - NIGHT

@speechbubble is 157 285 to 105%
NARR
If you like this story please give this story some love by saving it to your favorites!

NARRATOR
Would you like to support the author?

choice (support_author)
GEMS:5 “Absolutely! 5 Gems for you!” {
NARRATOR

}GEMS:8"Absolutely! 8 Gems for you!"{
NARRATOR

} GEMS:12 “Absolutely! 12 Gems for you!” {
NARRATOR

} “No, thank you.” {
NARRATOR
No worries! Thank you for reading!

}

Ok so I got the Menu Main and Credits and the Next Episode overlays to work but for whatever the reason is Update Schedule, Soical Media overlays aren’t tappable and only hitting the Credits overlay.

How close are your overlays cropped? When it comes to tappable overlays, even the transparent area is tappable. That means if the transparent part of the overlay overlaps onto another tappable overlay, one or the other might not be able to be tapped. If that makes sense.

Ya I figure that out when I tap the Soical Media overlay underneath it and wasn’t able to tap Update overlay so now I got it working and appreciate your help @J.Miley !!!

But if you have some time would you be one of my beta testers and see how it looks?

Any time.
As far as beta testing… I don’t know if you want me to. I have been known to be a little too brutally honest. :crazy_face:

Well I rather have brutality honest than not have someone to tell me the truth after all how will i improve if i don’t learn from others!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.