Overcoming writing fear

I have a plot for my story. I’ve started writing it and I actually really do like where I’m headed with it, but now it’s ready to publish I’m scared no one will like it, or it’s not good enough. Does anyone else get this? If so, how do you overcome it?

1 Like

you could always get a beta reader before you published it. there is a lot of good ones, I do them actually.

but for a note its really hard to get reads. I am have a story I have only been told is good. and I still struggle with getting reads. after a half year I finally hit 500 reads. with at least 400 been r4r.

2 Likes

You’ve probably heard this before, but please don’t be scared to publish. You shouldn’t be writing for the approval of others, only yourself. If you like your story, that’s all that matters. And if others like it too, even better! You’re always going to get people that will criticize and hate on your story, but don’t let that discourage you from writing.

And yes, I’ve had this fear before too. I used to always think that there are better authors out there with more views on their stories, and I’ll never be as good as them. But I’ve learned to take a step back and remember that at one point or another, those famous authors we love have probably thought the same thing.

Just write for you. If you love it, keep doing it. Don’t let that fear stop you.

4 Likes

What’s your story called? I’ll check it out. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you :pray::pray:

I sooo understand what you mean! The important thing is that YOU like it! People will always have their opinions & feedback is always good, but if you’re confident about your writing, then it’ll show and people will appreciate that! :ok_hand:t3: :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink: